(Platonic) Croix x Student Male reader: Can you hate a friend?

Summary: Croix never cared about anyone but herself and her goal to revive the world of magic and become the greatest witch ever known. Not even some student that follows her around like a lost puppy will, even if she gives that puppy a notable amount of affection...surely it wouldn't affect her if they were to be separated.

Word Count: 3443

~

It was always a means to an end, Croix's job at Luna Nova. Nothing else beyond the necessary steps needed for her to revive the world of magic like she sought out to do from the start, no matter how much "destiny" would deny her.

Croix promised herself that there would be no distractions or getting attached to anyone, new or old. Yet there is a war in her head, one claiming she has already broken this rule while the other firmly denies this. All because of one student that seems to have taken a liking to her and supposedly vice versa, this student is you.

"Miss Meridies! Miss Meridies!" Speak of the devil, ignoring the school rules you ran right through the hallways. In front of a teacher no less! Yet Croix was never one to care for what Luna Nova considered unruly. Especially the petty things. And even if she had no motivation to be a real teacher it did not mean she could just ignore a student asking for assistance, it would rise up suspicion and no doubt teachers who didn't trust her to begin with like Finnelan would exploit that...

"Yes?" The tall woman stopped walking, a mildly interested expression on her face. "I...!" You stopped talking in exchange for taking deep breaths, Croix pondered how much you ran just to find her. "I wondered if you could give me some pointers about the new material, I wanted to ask at the end of class but you hurried out so fast when the clock hit."

Ah yes, Croix was planning to check on her Pixels and see how much negative energy they had gathered, the protests we're a supposed real "riot" today. Even though it was important to her to make sure her magitronics return safe under her guidance she presumed they wouldn't encounter much trouble if she took a day off. Besides it would come over worse if a teacher outright refused to help a student, at least that is what Croix told herself. Ignoring that she could have just made a later appointment with you.

"Of course, let us go to the library for better concentration." Her familiar smirk was back on as she led the way, you diligently following her. "And next time don't exhaust yourself like that, don't want to get into trouble with the more hardline faculty or end up extremely tired during an important conversation the next time." There was no reason for Croix to show this much care, especially for one student. But it was just her keeping up the good image she had, Croix would say.

And you were proving to be an excellent mouth piece, that's all you were to her. So what if she made sure you understood today's lesson more than anyone else? Is it really that bad if she checked your progress in the other lessons, making sure you didn't struggle anywhere? Croix doesn't do her work half and you were a very important job to her. Just because she enjoyed your company in the process-even letting you eat some ramen with her outside of school (And always private from prying ears or eyes) was all part of her "Cool teacher" persona and letting people only think positive of her

Nothing else, surely...

~

The analysis was complete and Croix had absolutely gained nothing in her quest to understand why the Claiomh Solais had chosen the unconscious girl known as Akko of all people to wield it. Had it been years ago she might have shown fury, but that was the past and Croix had grown. She understood foolishness and how to deal with it now.