3. Dum Spiro Spero

𝓓𝓾𝓶 𝓢𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓸 𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓸
𝓦𝓱𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝓘 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮, 𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮

Anastasia's POV

"Where are we going Asher?" I ask him for the 7th time since sitting in the car.

"It's a surprise" came the same reply.

"Do you realise this is the second time we're meeting each other and we don't really know each other that well for you to give me surprises. I might stab you with this pocket knife if I have to ask you one more time." I said, trying to keep my voice as dangerous as possible.

He just chuckled at my death threats. God, am I not threatening at all?

" I'll keep you safe Anastasia. And by seeing how close you are to Michelle, I can't let anything happen to you. That woman will kill me." he said in mock fright.

"She definitely knows how to scare people, even if she's a psychiatrist!"

"Look up. We're here." he said after a few moments.

L'immagine Bistrot Ristorante

The place looked posh. It screamed posh.

"Thank God I informed you first-hand that you're going to pay. If I said I was the one who'd pay, you would have taken me to a 7-star something restaurant" I mumbled under my breath, throwing him a glare as he opened the door for me.

"My brother owns this place. I don't really have to pay." he explained with a grin.

"Oh. Well in that case, tell him I'm your bestfriend or something so the favours extend to me too." I pleaded.

"Do you realise this is the second time we're meeting each other and we don't really know each other for me to give you the title of my best friend. My brother might stab you with this pocket knife if he thinks that you have replaced him as my best friend." he said, throwing my words from earlier right back at me.

This remimded me of my own brother. Our bond. Our -

I felt a tap on my shoulder as I saw the door opened for me, bringing me back to the present.

" I'm sorry. I kinda zoned out. "I replied embarrassingly. In a hurry to change the topic, I resumed the conversation from where we left," we did attend a group therapy Asher. Atleast ask him for a friend concession."

"Of course" he replied with amusement.

The waiter escorted us to a table as I took in the interior of the hotel. Asher asked the waiter to leave as I was walking way too slow.

"I can show you around once we are done with dinner." Asher commented.

"Yes please! " I replied, enthusiastically as I started walking in normal human speed, progressing from my earlier 0.25x speed.

We settled in our seats. Grabbing a menu card, my eyes skimed over the prices. They were overpriced. Way too much.

I asked Asher to order for me too as the prices held me back. He simply asked the waiter for two regulars as I cocked my eyebrow in confusion.

"Lasagna"

"One would think that with these fancy names and exorbitant prices, you'd have a much more complicated name of your regular" I replied

"Asher! Non mi aspettavo di vederti qui oggi" came a deep voice from behind me. It sounded familiar. It sounded way too fucking familiar. I quickly looked, down trying to avoid any eye contact with the speaker as his shoes came into view.