2. Luceat Lux Vestra

Sensitive topics mentioned below - sexual assault.
____________________________________
𝓛𝓾𝓬𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝓛𝓾𝔁 𝓥𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪
𝓛𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓮.

 ____________________________________𝓛𝓾𝓬𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝓛𝓾𝔁 𝓥𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪 𝓛𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓮

Anastasia's POV-

"You should come help me out with the workshop on Wednesday. "Michelle said.

"Why do you even want me there Michelle? I am a 19-year-old student who studies Literature, for crying out loud! The sole reason I have psychology in my syllabus is because that was the last option available. "I replied.

"But you do need to understand trauma Anastasia. How does our surrounding affect our perspectives? And before you tell me how you can find everything on the internet, you need to see things for yourself sweetheart. And you won't if you are not experiencing things by yourself."

"I have enough experiences to last me a lifetime. I don't think I need anymore." I muttered.

Michelle-my psychiatrist - aka my only friend in town-has a weird way of making me do things I don't want to do but still somehow end up doing. And that's exactly what happened here after us bantering for a few more moments.

" Yes ma'am."I said, giving in to her.

"It's on Wednesday at 5 p.m. I'll text you the address right now, and send you a quick reminder tomorrow evening. You know what, I'll call you on Wednesday at 2 so that you don't forget either." she said with the enthusiasm of a 5 year old getting their favourite candy.

Which brings us to today, me standing in front of the Quartiere Sant'Ambrogio -one of the many community centres of Milan. Michelle takes group therapies here since the community centre doesn't charge for these activities.

The community centre provides a public space so that the patients don't feel out of their comfort zone but at the same time provide a sense of privacy since the group therapies happen in a closed classroom like setting.

I walk into the classroom to see there are already 7-8 people there sitting on a circle of chairs. There's a small girl with her mom who looks uncomfortable as hell as her mom soothingly pats down her hair. Then there's this old couple who sat there, looking longingly at the mother-daughter duo. A man fidgeting with his phone. Another girl around the same age as me with short, neon green hair and an all black attire and a skateboard in her hand.

I looked around to see 3 empty chairs, as I sat on the one besides the mother-daughter pair. I glanced at my watch - 4:58 p.m. Michelle would be here anytime.

As if on cue, her heels clanked against the floors notifying us about her arrival. She was wearing a bright yellow off-shoulder jumpsuit and a dazzling smile. Her entrance changed the vibe of the room and made it warm. Made it welcoming.

"Hello beautiful people! I hope you have all written your diaries and completed your homeworks." Michelle said as she arranged all her items on the ground besides her chair, between the old couple and me. "I hope you're all doing better than you were doing last time we saw each other."