もういない

[ CHAPTER NAME : NOT HERE ANYMORE ]

to say jihoon was furious would be an understatement. he was beyond furious. he put junkyu on the bed, who was shivering due to cold, and switched on the heater.

"good night." whispered jihoon, well aware of the fact that junkyu had fallen asleep.

junkyu walked out of the room, closing it. what kind of boyfriend would do that? if haruto wasn't able to come due to some unexplainable reason, then he should at least text junkyu? completing bailing out on someone without even telling them was such a dick move.

and junkyu. it was obvious he kept hope that haruto would come, even though hours at passed. jihoon was well aware that his brother was a dedicated kind of lover. and this was junkyu's first relationship, of course junkyu would want to give it his all, even though they were together for only two weeks. plus, anyone could see that junkyu genuinely fell in love with haruto.

but haruto...

jihoon gripped his cup in anger, he was definetly going to talk to the said-boy tomorrow.

------------------------------------

"haruto?" called out asahi, looking at the register.

"is he absent?" asked asahi, looking around the classroom.

"yes, i think so. he didn't come yet." said jaehyuk.

asahi frowned and looked at his phone. haruto had still not responded to his text from yesterday.

--------------------------------

"junkyu didn't come today?" asked doyoung, frowning. "that's weird, even haruto didn't."

jeongwoo's eyes widened. "wait, weren't they supposed to go on their date yesterday? what if they're together?"

"they're not." said a familiar behind jeongwoo, making his hair stand.

"junkyu isn't feeling well, hence he hasn't come. but what's this about haruto? is he not there?" asked jihoon.

doyoung and jeongwoo exchanged glances. "nope"

---------------------------

jihoon walked into the staff room, to find it empty. except for mashiho.

"jihoon!" said mashiho, his face tired.

jihoon frowned. "what happened? did you not sleep well?"

"what? me? i slept well. what are you saying?" said mashiho, avoiding jihoon's gaze.

jihoon was concerned, but he didn't want to question anything further. "right, have you seen haruto? you both are close, right? that asshole bailed out on junkyu's date, can you believe it? i told you about it, right? how haruto and junkyu were going to a date?"

mashiho froze and immediately got up from his seat. "i-i'll be late for my c-class." and left.

jihoon looked at the cloud. it was still 12:20. only 5 minutes into lunch break.

-----------------------------------

junkyu didn't go to school for the past 2 days. he was sitting at home, feeling unwell beyond reason. his head hurt, his body was aching everywhere and he had caught the winter flu. but it was his heart that ached the most.

he slept most of the day, ate meals and then went back to bed. he lacked the strength to get out of bed. however, not today. the two days of rest seemed to work, and junkyu was slowly regaining enough energy.