Chapter Thirty-Three

Pria sat with Tony and Williams, having coffee, until Rosario called his usual Friday morning meeting. Pria tried paying attention, but the meetings rarely had anything to do with her, and her mind wandered.

Williams nudged her, jerking her head in Brogue's direction. Brogue sat at his desk, ignoring the meeting and frowned at his computer. Williams whispered, "He okay?"

Pria shrugged and whispered back, "You're his wife."

Williams sucked her teeth. "You're the one he's chasing after."

"No," Pria said. "He hasn't spoken to me in days."

"Collati, Williams," Rosario called out. "Something you'd like to share?"

"No, Ma'am," they answered in unison.

Rosario went back to talking.

Williams waited a moment. "Think he got spooked the other day?"

"Again," Pria whispered, "you're his wife."

"Go talk to him."

"Why me?"

"Because you—"

"Collati! Williams! My office when this is over," Rosario barked.

Pria glared at Williams as they sat in front of Rosario's desk like naughty children, waiting for the principal. "This is all your fault."

"Mine?" Williams sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. "Girl, please. Had you just gone to talk to Donati like I asked you to, we wouldn't be in this mess."

"Talk to me about what?" Brogue stood by the door, looking between the two women.

"Pria's worried about you," Williams promptly replied.

Pria's mouth gaped open. "You lying little—"

"Worried about what?" Brogue asked.

"Pria said you've been acting differently and maybe you need to talk to someone."

Pria shook her head. "Shameless, shameless liar."

Brogue crossed his arms and looked at Pria. "So you're not worried?"

"Uh..." Pria blinked at him then looked at Williams. "Well, go ahead and tell him what else I was apparently thinking."

Williams didn't hesitate. "Pria thinks you should take a day off. Maybe two."

"Does she now?" Brogue intoned.

Rosario came into the room. "Someone want to fill me in?"

"Pria is pissing off Donati," Williams said.

"Williams!" Pria admonished, trying not to laugh.

Brogue gritted his teeth.

"Is it at all possible for the three of you to conduct yourselves professionally when you're together?" Rosario glowered sternly.

Brogue gestured to himself with a What the fuck did I do? look.

"No," Williams said. "Collati likes to cause trouble."

"Oh," Pria scoffed. "Yeah, it's totally me."

"I see," Rosario said. "Collati, you can go. Donati, Williams, hang back."

Pria stood, a smug smile on her face, and stuck her tongue out at Williams as she left.

***

"Williams, explain yourself," Rosario said as soon as Pria closed the door.