Chapter Three

Several weeks later, Drew sat on the steps to the back of the house he rented from and watched Pria go through a training session with Mr. Borks. It was nice having her around. He wouldn't deny that. She was easy company and didn't need every minute of his time. She was happy to amuse herself if there was something that needed his attention and she didn't try to keep tabs on him. Finding reasons to see her every day was simple enough and there hadn't been a day yet that she'd been too busy for him.

He looked her over for the thousandth time in the last fifteen minutes. She had an amazing body. Slim, with full breasts, a tiny waist, rounded hips, and thick thighs. Her ass—that perfectly rounded ass—filled out her jeans and caught his attention any time she passed by. Her wild, wavy, black hair fell halfway down her back in layers, framing that pretty little face of hers in a way that made a man think of tangling his fingers in it and giving it a good, solid tug. His brother would term it "bedroom hair." He wouldn't be wrong.

She flipped that hair over her shoulder now, then lifted her arms to pull the mass up and away from her body into a ponytail. Her lifted arms caused her T-shirt to pull taut against her breasts, revealing a sliver of her smooth stomach.

Drew shifted, discreetly adjusting his pants. The way she moved, the sound of her voice, the way her lips curved up in pride when Mr. Borks listened to her so well. He would be a liar if he said he wasn't satisfied with the fact that he was the one sitting there.

Pria looked over at him and his expression must not have been concealed because her cheeks flushed. A wave of her hand released Mr. Borks from his training. Determination covered her sweet features, her hips swaying as she moved to stand directly in front of him. She took the beer he held in his hand and helped herself to a swig. He watched the motion of her neck as she swallowed the liquid down. A bead of sweat slid down her smooth chest, between her breasts. He wanted to pull that shirt off her and bury his head between her tits to lick it away. He was sure Pria was ready for him to make a move. It had been weeks, and he hadn't so much as brushed up against her.

Drew wanted to avoid taking things to the next level if he could. The type of girl she was wouldn't do well with the type of man he was. But he couldn't stop seeing her. He was stuck in a catch-22.

When she lowered the bottle, she met his eyes and licked her lips.

The sight of her pink tongue moving over her pouty lips made him avert his gaze.

With a resigned sigh, she gave him back his beer and moved to sit on the step below him, setting her attention on Mr. Borks who was sniffing around the yard.

Drew almost missed her words when she spoke in a quiet voice. "An old friend asked me out."

Drew nodded even though she couldn't see him. "Are you going to go?"

She looked over her shoulder at him, her golden eyes glowing yellow in the summer sun. "Should I?"

Drew kept his expression bland. Shrugged.

"I mean... I'm pretty sure you've friend-zoned me." She looked back to Mr. Borks. "So, I guess I could go. I'd prefer not to, though."

"If you don't want to, then don't."

She looked over her shoulder again and pinned him with a straightforward stare. "You know what I'm asking, Drew."

"Of course I do."

When he said nothing else, she pursed her lips and stood.

"Perfetto."

She didn't even say goodbye as she gathered up her phone and purse and walked out the back gate.