Chapter Twelve

Less than an hour later, Drew entered the club. Tino met him at the door and rushed him over to the table Sal and his crew were occupying. Not waiting for an invitation, Drew pulled up a chair and took a seat. Vic gave him the evil eye, which made Tino laugh.

"About fucking time." Sal glared. "What took you so long?"

Drew gave him a wry expression. "Your sister got her panties in a bunch when I had to leave." Drew glared at Sal. "Pretty sure I'll be sleeping on the couch for a few days, so this better be good."

Sal laughed. "She ain't easy." Then he frowned. "Did you tell her you were meeting me?"

Drew laughed. "Hell yeah, I did. I'm not going down alone."

Drew looked up at the pretty woman who was making her way over to them. The moment she reached their table, she made herself comfortable beside Drew.

Paolo snorted. "You go home smelling like perfume and Pria will have your nuts."

Drew grinned. "Trust me. I like her angry."

"Brave words," intoned Mario.

Sal homed in on Drew, watching the way his hand caressed the girl's thigh.

"Thank you, sweetheart," Drew said warmly, looking at the girl. "Maybe next time."

She pouted. "I have a set coming up. Will you watch?"

Drew let his eyes travel over her. "You'll have my full attention."

When she walked away, Sal was stony faced. "Women like you."

"Why am I here, Sal?" Drew asked.

"Bro's got attitude." Vic glared at Drew. "But does he have balls?"

Drew leaned forward and pinned Vic with his own glare. "Test me."

Sal stood and so did the rest of the table. "We're about to."

"Finally! Let's go," Remo urged. "Drew ain't the only one with a pissed off woman at home. You're really screwing some of us over tonight, Sal."

They left the club only to walk two doors over and dip down an alleyway. Entering the restaurant from the side door by the dumpster, they went down a flight of stairs behind the kitchen. The basement was surprisingly well maintained with a common area that housed a few leather-backed couches, a big-screen TV, and a pool table.

They walked to the door at the opposite side of the room. Sal eyed Drew calmly, but Drew didn't miss the calculation. And there was no way he didn't pick up on the fact that he was now surrounded by seven men he knew to be dangerous and devious. Every one of them had their attention on him.

Ottavio spoke. "You squeamish?"

Drew rolled his eyes. "Open the door or send me home. I have a really pissed off woman waiting to gut me back at my place. Or did you forget?"

"You scared of a woman?" Vic asked.

"Scared?" Drew laughed. Of the seven men, Vic was the one to give him the most problems for no other reason than jealousy. Vic didn't like that Sal was drawing Drew deeper into their circle. "Nah. Impatient. I want to get back home before she stops being angry. She's more fun when she's riled up."

"Basta," Sal growled. "I don't want to hear that shit. Blood don't bother you?"

"A little late to be asking me that after all this time," Drew drawled.

"Yeah, but this time, I'm talking about a woman. You seem to have a soft spot for the ladies."

Drew shrugged. "As long as it ain't my blood, I don't give shit."