11: "fridge worthy?"

(seraphina's pov)

october is about a week away so it's starting to get a little cold, around the high 60's so i went with something a little warmer when i got dressed this morning.

max even got me up earlier than my alarm this morning because he was so excited.

i don't blame him though, i'm more excited than i would like to admit.

i grab a few blankets and an extra coat for max in case he gets cold. i even pack some sandwiches and snacks for the day.

max and i don't do this often so when we do i try my best to make it as amazing for him as i can.

"hey, honey! we gotta go get this stuff in the car and then we can head out," i holler to max who was coloring in his sketchbooks i got him.

"can i bring some colors, sissy?"

"yeah, bud."

he runs to the living room and grabs some crayons and a coloring book and then we're ready to go to the car.

just as i was about to start the car i get a text from ezra.

ezra: hey, ser. my car has a flat, could i catch a ride with you two?

me: yeah, of course. i'll be there in 5.

ezra: you're a lifesaver

i chuckle and head to ezra's house.

"hey, bud. we gotta get ezra real quick."

he nods, not really paying any mind to me as he looks at the trees that are slowly starting to lose leaves and change color.

--------------------------
(ezra'spov)

of course, i just had to get a flat right before i was going to leave to meet max and ser.

mom was at work so i texted ser to see if i could ride with them and she said she was on her way.

within minutes, her car was pulling into the driveway and i was making my way into the passenger seat.

i look at ser and my eyes widen and i say, "we're matching" with shock.

she looks at me and starts laughing her heart out.

grey sweatpants and an orange sweatshirt.

"great minds think alike," she smiles still giggling. i smile at that.

on a serious note i say, "thanks for the ride, ser. i really appreciate it."

"it wasn't a problem at all." she smiles back.

i turn around and say to max, "hey, kiddo. you ready for the park and a picnic?" he nods vigorously and i laugh, "me too, buddy."

we head to the park quickly and grab everything then find a spot on the grass where we can watch max as he plays.

ser and i fall into a comfortable silence looking around until i break it by saying, "i haven't done this in forever. the last time i went to a park was probably when i was 10."

ser gasped dramatically and i laugh. "well, i'm very honored that you're coming with us after so long," she says with a bright smile.

"you should be," i say teasingly and she laughs loud and playfully pushes me.

just then max comes running to us and dramatically falls into sera's lap as we laugh at his antics.

"can i draw, sissy?"