[62] ✽ Confronting Him ✽

Start from the beginning

Jungkook rubbed his palm over his face and you saw he was trying hard not to mess up his straightened hair and necktie. Seokjin stood up from his seat.

"You fired her?" Jin's voice was filled with disbelief.

"What else was I supposed to do? My father is literally over my head, controlling me."

"Then break free. You can't let him control you." You speak up.

"I can't. He has been my father and will always be above me. He thinks you influence me to be different Yuna and hence, he is firing you.

Your mouth parted in shock and you blinked, not knowing what to answer now.

"And I can't keep you here, it's dangerous so please accept this situation."

"What do you mean? I have been working so hard and get fired because of a stupid rumour? It's not even a valid reason."

"For my father it is. Please Yuna."

Seokjin steps up with a raised hand as he asks, "what about the marriage?"

"It is my decision. Nothing else."

Seokjin chuckled sarcastically, "oh yes. Marrying Kim Eunji is your sole decision, right?"

What?

You looked at Jungkook who was avoiding eye contact. Seokjin crossed his arms as he stood in front of his childhood friend and you felt your heart being pierced by shock and sorrow.

"What? Jungkook what does that mean?"

"You didn't even tell her?" Seokjin asked and you shook your head.

"Wait a minute. So Jungkook, your father is firing me, controlling you and fixing your marriage to Kim Eunji? The girl we exposed in front of Seokjin's parents?"

He doesn't answer and you wanted to scream, maybe rip your hair out. Out of all girls, why was it your enemy, the girl you thought was out of your life? Why was Jungkook agreeing when he hates Eunji as well?

"We need to stop this. W-We can make a plan and-"

"And what?"

Jungkook's loud voice cut off yours and you jumped, not expecting it. He had such an amount of anger in his eyes it scared you for a moment.

"You'll try to desperately break off the marriage then what? My father will fix another one. This will never end Yuna, not until I die. I was born and raised for this so stop your act of trying to help out of pity. It's pathetic."

Your jaw dropped at how Jungkook spoke to you. Seokjin came in front of you defensively before Jungkook could move closer towards you.

"Are you hearing yourself Jungkook? What the heck are you spewing? How can you talk to Yuna that way?"

"Oh here comes the lover boy," Jungkook mumbles as he rolls his eyes, "stop pretending to be the rich, sweet guy when you are no less bad than me Seokjin."