[62] ✽ Confronting Him ✽

Start from the beginning

Again it felt like he was blaming you for something you had no idea about but you kept your head low.

"Forget it. Someone better can fill your position and we already have those candidates. I assume my son has already informed you about it?"

"Sir?"

"About your dismissal. You are no longer needed to work for us."

You looked up in shock at the man who didn't seem to have anything written on his face, no feeling or pity. Plain stoicness.

"He did but I was not informed why-"

"You don't have to know. Your performance in these past months are clearly visible," your eyes widen in surprise as he mutters more, "especially your influence on Jungkook."

"Excuse me?"

"He is supposed to be perfect, stern and ruthless to make this company work. But instead, he became softer, weaker and has started to have friends because of you."

Mr Jeon stood up and slammed his hand on the desk, startling you. Your gut feeling was true but you didn't understand why he was blaming you.

"Excuse me for saying this but Ju- I mean your son has his right to have friends and be kind. What is wrong there?"

He chuckled darkly, "a girl like you would never understand what sacrifices are needed for fame and power."

All of a sudden the door slams open and you flinch, almost about to scream but stop when you saw a furious Jungkook enter the room.

"I said I will dismiss her father, then why did you call her again?"

"Now son. Your father knows everything better, don't get worked up for a nothing like her."

Jungkook opened his mouth but he seemed to give up when his eyes met yours. They were filled with grief and sorrow, regret.

"I am sorry to intrude sir but your son is a human. You cannot simply control his life like a puppet. He has his own choices to make for his happi-"

"Choices, happiness?" Mr Jeon cut you off and scoffed, "those words do not exist for me neither my son. I raised him to make him follow my steps at all cost and no one, not even a lowly girl like you can change this."

He pointed a finger at you. His behaviour enraged you and you wanted to stand up argue back very much. However, Jungkook seemed to have another plan as he grabbed your hand and led you out of the room.

You heard his father shout, "make sure to show her out of the building right now."

Jungkook huffed as he pulled you along in his office where you followed in and was not expecting to see Seokjin seated. His eyes met yours and they widened when he noticed your dishevelled state.

"Jungkook."

Jungkook finally let go of your hand and turned around, looking angry.

"Why did you meet my father? What did he tell you?"

"You just fired me and left, what was I supposed to do? And I had no clue what he was blabbering about."