[60] ✽ The announcement ✽

Start from the beginning

"I think I need that slap from you Sora." You mumbled and heard her gasp aloud.

"Oh my gosh, my friend has officially gone insane and a guy likes her so much that he can kill others. This is so cute."

"Lee Sora!"

"Sorry you are not smart enough to get my sarcasm and it's Min Sora now, not Lee Sora. At least get your best friend's surname right Yuna."

Sora grumbled and continued to rant her anger on you while you stood there in front of the mirror, still unable to move and half-listening to the ted talk your friend gave you.

"I think I need to talk about this later Sora," you tried to end the topic.

"Damn right you do. And what about your boss?"

"He's just. . .himself? I don't even know now since he ran away yesterday, I couldn't contact him."

"Here's what I think-"

"Not another of your stupid love theory Sora."

Sora sneered and spoke louder, "it's not! Do you think everyone is in love with you?"

"O-Of course not. I just didn't want to hear anything weird."

"Right whatever. Anyways, I think he was constipated."

You snorted. Then burst out laughing along with Sora who joined you from the call. Thanks to your best friend you could imagine your boss, terribly wanted to go to the toilet because his stomach was hurting and left.

"You and your silly ideas."

You shook your head and glanced at yourself in the mirror, smiling. Your hair was done so now all that was left was to wear your heels and head for the office.

"At least I cheered you up."

"You sure did."

"See? It's so rare to have a best friend like me, consider yourself lucky."

You rolled your eyes and gulped down the cold coffee, noticing that it was already past 8 and you needed to head out to avoid being late.

"Hey I need to leave for office, talk to you later Sora."

"Don't forget to fill me in later."

You smiled, "I will and thanks again."

You huffed out.

For the first time, you were late to catch the subway which led you to your office road. Now getting a taxi was too costly and there would be traffic so you had to wait for the second subway which arrived at 8:50 a.m. To your luck, it came ten minutes late.

Then after you hurriedly boarded the train, you had to walk for twenty minutes. You regretted wearing heels today but also, removing them and running like a madwoman was no option. So with difficulty, you reached the office past 9, totally late.