Chapter 29: Veronica.

Start from the beginning

"It's a forbidden book from [Sprivanto]. It has two girls having a romantic relationship on it..." (Rose) whispered the last bit to me as I yanked the book closer to my eyes. I read the whole synopsis, the book was titled [My Beautiful Butler] and its genre was fantasy mixed with a whole master x servant relationship between two girls.

If it's gay of course I'm buying it.

"We're so reading this." I told her and I paid two gold coins for it. There was only one book left so I guess we'll just have to share.

"Let's read it together when we get free times like these after volunteer work at the orphanage!" (Rose) exclaims as she holds the book tightly in her chest like it was some sort of treasure she never wants to let go.

"My older cousin Lenard also had his share of forbidden books. He promised me to mail some when it arrives." Lenard has been doing well thanks to Ellis, he has been writing everything they did together but I never saw anything Lord Vincent related in his recent letters.

"Lucky. If my parents saw these they'll never let me hear the end of it. Kein looks like you'll be keeping it." she says, offering me the book.

"I wouldn't want your parents to chew on you so yeah. I'll be keeping it for now." I took the book and placed it on my [Storage Ring].

We continued exploring some more and eating as well- who knew we had the same appetite. At this point my savings will collapse in a month.

"Oh! Little charmer and her little girlfriend too~ perfect timing~"

I was holding a kebab and Rose was holding some candied fruit looking behind us and seeing Veronica who waved gracefully toward our direction. "Oh! It's been a while Veronica!" I yelled over to her walking closer forward.

"It's... you... hi." (Rose) hides behind me holding my sleeves protectively. I forgot what most conversations these two mostly hand.

"Still territorial I see... hmm will you feel better if I told you I have a fiancé now?" (Veronica)

She's engaged now?! No!!!

I mean congrats ahem- but I'm sad now because she's my type of woman. I have met his fiancé, Peter. I think his name was. He hasn't appeared much so I already forgot his name.

For the last time if only it weren't for this cursed body! "C-Congrats. I'm happy for you." I told her that I felt my soul leaving my body.

"Oh! Okay! Yes, that makes me feel better for some reason!" (Rose)

Well at least Rose is taking it well on that news. I tried my best not making a disappointed face because well I'm really happy for her really.

Veronica looks well, I looked over her ring finger and saw there was already a golden ring on it. Peter that lucky bastard. I scratch my head as Rose hugs on my sleeve, ah right we still need to explore. I better ask Veronica needs. "So what do you mean by perfect timing?"