gonta x ryoma

How about angst for a change?
Unknown artist

TW: briefly mentioned self harm

OoOoOoOoOo
Gonta POV:

I was walking down the hallways of the ultimate academy. I had just finished up talking to korekiyo was now heading to my research lab to check on my bugs.

Now on the 3rd floor, I stop when I hear faint crying somewhere close by. I mean, we are in a killing game, I guess it's understandable. But I still want to help them. I look around, looking for the source of the noise.

I found it.

It was coming from the ultimate tennis pro's lab and presumably Ryoma inside.

I opened the door and heard clanging metal. "Ryoma?"

"Oh, Gonta," the athlete said while frantically rolling down his sleeves "How long have you been here? You weren't meant to see this."

"I just got here. And for the record, I don't think you wanted anyone to see you" I said.

"How could you tell?" He said sarcastically with a small smile, rubbing his eyes.

"You've hated tennis for years now and, given that, this is the last place anyone would look for you." I said, sitting down next to him.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. Time in which, Ryoma had found his way into my lap.

"So. Any particular reason you were sitting here crying? Or do you not want to talk about it?" I asked. He mumbled something into my chest.

"I apologize, I didn't quite catch that."

"Do you remember that girl I was telling you about?" He asked

"Yeah, i always listen to your stories."

"It was amazing. She was always so kind, so smiley, so warm. It was intoxicating being around her, and I loved it. I loved her. I just-" He started tearing up again "I just couldn't save her! The mafia clan that killed my family hunted her down and killed her as well."

"I'm sorry, that's far too much for someone to go through alone." I said while rubbing his back.

He looks up at me "Why are you apologizing?"

"I don't know, it felt like the right thing to do at the moment."

"Alright." He gave in with a sigh.

--Ryoma POV--

We sat there, comfortable with each other for some time. I couldn't tell you exactly how long.

"Ryoma, you can trust me right?"

"Yes? Why do you ask?"

Gonta gently grabbed my arms, looked at them, looked over to where I threw the knife when he first opened to door, and looked back at me.

"Did you..." He started.

I also looked at the bloody, discarded knife, then back at him. "Yeah, sorry." I mumbled, quietly.

"Hey, hey, it's alright. I'm not upset about this. How about we go back to your dorm and get this cleaned up, ok? No one else has to know." He said with sympathetic eyes.

"Sure. Your not gonna let me off without taking care of them, so I don't really care." I said.

"Thank you."

We picked up the knife and walked to the dorms in scilence. Gonta led me into the bathroom in his dorm and went to grab some hydrogen peroxide and cotton balls.

After he disinfected and bandaged my arms. He picked me up off the counter, something I wasn't to pleased about, and sat down on his bed placing me down as well. I immediately went up to his side, implying that I would like to cuddle, and thankfully he got the message.

"Ryoma, if you ever feel like you did earlier today, if you feel you need to hurt yourself, please, go talk to someone. It doesn't have to be me, it could be anyone. Just, please, promise me you'll reach out for help." Gonta said to me.

I took a deep breath "I'll try."