ibuki, akane, and nagito

This is platonic BTW.
TW Despair disease
Art by Iavcalk on Tumblr

OoOoOoOoOo
Akane POV:

*knock, knock, knock*
"Ibuki is letting herself in!"

"I-Ibuki? Why are y-you here?" I said "didn't Mikan want to keep us apart?"

"Yeah, she did but I couldn't sleep and you look like you need someone to talk to." She explained.

"B-But if Mikan or, or, fuyuhiko comes in here they might get mad and I don't want to make people mad, especially more than I already have, I mean with the de-despair disease and the killing-"

"ALRIGHT! Ibuki needs you to stop with that train of thought. You didn't kill anyone, no one's mad about the despair disease, and no one is gonna care that we're talking." She said.

"But-"

"But nothing my friend." Ibuki said as she sat down next to me "Hajime and Mikan are on the second floor of this place and fuyuhiko is, uhhh, somewhere I don't know where. I didn't see him on my way here though."

"How do you know no one's mad?" I inquired.

"I asked, they told." She said nonchalantly.

"Oh, Okay. Do you know how nagito is doing?" I asked

"No, they won't tell me. I was going to ask you but it seems that won't go far." Ibuki replied. "But, I hear Nagito and Hajime are is some sorta weird lovers quarrel, that's weird, right?"

"Yeah weird, wait where'd you hear that? It doesn't sound like either of them."

"Oh, fuyuhiko told me. He seems pretty trustworthy so it must be true." She said with a proud smile. Ibuki was just one of those people who you can ease up around you know.

I giggled, "Mioda, everything is 'trustworthy' to you right now."

She got up "Hey, I got an idea!"

"Is it a good idea?"

"Probably not, but since nobody will tell us about Komeada, why don't we find out for ourselves?" She inquired.

"He has the liars disease, remember"

"Yep, Tsumiki said that."

So onward Akane and Ibuki went to talk with Nagito. Little did the ultimate luckster know his night was about to become a gossip session.

Akane was about to open Nagito's door when she thought better of it. She knocked.

*knock, knock, knock*

Nagito POV:

My head hurt. I had this terrible, terrible headache that I can't tell people about because of this stupid liars disease. I was trying to sleep it off when I heard a knock upon the door. 'Finally, someone here to kill me' I think. Akane and Ibuki walk into the room, God I hate it when I'm right.

"Akane, Ibuki, such terrible ultimates, not here to kill me, I presume. How surprising." I lied, curse this disease.

"No, we're not here to kill you" said Ibuki. "Can we talk to you for a bit" Akane finished.

"If you ultimates can't tolerate being with a nobody like me, then go away." I said, I have hope that at least Akane understands that I'm lying.

"Alrighty, we'll go away" said the musician, predictable.

"No, Ibuki, he means for us to stay. Liars disease remember." Akane says, I feel the urge to thank her but I don't know how that'll come across.

"Okay, we're staying."

"Awful, now, you didn't want to talk?"

"Yes we did, Fuyuhiko told Ibuki that you and Hajime were in a lovers quarrel of sorts. Is this true?" Akane asked as she pulled chairs for Ibuki and herself.

"What? Absolutely. I like Hajime a lot, and we are fighting, I know he just understands me." I said.

"Ooh. Nagito's got a cruuuuuush!" Ibuki yelled excitedly.

"He means that he doesn't like Hajime and they are not fighting." Akane translated, I'm glad she can see through my lies. Then again that shouldn't be to hard for a symbol of hope such as herself.

"Hey, Nagito, are you okay? Just in general, not just about the despair disease. Mikan a-and Hajime and fuyuhiko, they-they haven't told us anything about how you're doing and we were worried" Akane again.

"Oh, I'm disgusted that a symbol of hope like you has time to worry about someone like me." I told her.

"Why are you disgusted?" Ibuki asked.

"I am" I lied. This is getting old

"He isn't disgusted, he's lying"

"Ooooooh, okay, you gotta stop doing that, man." Ibuki said.

"I'm sure he would if he could, but he has the despair disease as well, you know."

"Right."

The three spent the next few hours gossiping, confirming or denying rumors, and telling each other stories. All of which brought them to this moment.

To provide a little context, the time is 6:00 in the morning, 1 hour before the morning announcement.

"AKANE! IBUKI HAS THE BEST IDEA!" The musician exclaimed, "We herd your stories about doing gymnastics, but we've never seen it. Can you show us something?"

"Mikan would be mad if I did something in here. And even so my skills aren't that good, but if you insist,, I can show you something in the hallway only if Nagito could make it there though." Akane said

"Not a chance, hold on a second." I tried to stand up, almost did but I collapsed, just before I hit the floor though, both girls caught me. "Oh, I shouldn't apologize for being a bother"

"No problem. Ibuki, can you hold him up?"

"Oki-doki let's go!" She said guiding nagito to the door.

"No, let's, I hear your gymnastic ability is simply terrible." I said

And so the ultimate lucky student, with the help of the ultimate musician, stood in the doorway of his hospital room. Akane made sure the other two ultimates were ready and prepared for her cartwheel. Just as she was going to get into it, none other than Monomi herself appeared before the trio.

"I'm super glad you three are getting along so well, especially under the despair disease! That's not an easy feat to pull off, but nonetheless you three performed it with flying colors. I hope everyone left on this school trip can cooperate as well as you three are right now! I'm proud of you guys!"

And with that Monomi took her leave. The 3 ultimates were left in the hallway wondering what happened just then. Akane did a hand stand to get her gymnastic gear turning, and even that was a show stopping number. She did a couple cartwheels down the hallway (just pretend they have something under their hospital robes) and if she wasn't supporting Nagito's ability to stand right now, Ibuki would have joined her.

OoOoOoOoOo

WOW! 1109 words. You can tell I'm a fan of the despair disease can't you.