12

<A/N at end. It's important please read!>

Why was she drinking her life away when she still had so much of it left? Why was she being so mean? She had never been like this before. I wanted it to stop.

~~~

A drunken Harry stands in front of me. Was he worried about where I was? I mean why would he? He looked tired and worried. Harry said he didn't drink, or was that just at the party? Was he lying to me? My head was getting dizzy from all the questions I had. I really knew nothing about Harry.

"Were you drinking?" I ask Harry. I almost forget that Liam is right behind me. Maybe he knew what was going on.

"You look funny." Harry says boldly. Honestly, his comment didn't affect me, they never did. I know I should just ignore him and make Liam deal with it. But something tells me that Harry will be stubborn. Harry had a stupid little smirk plastered on his face and I couldn't but admire it. He looked like a young child, but that couldn't be farther from the truth here.

"Does he drink?'' I ask Liam since Harry is not answering me. I already knew he had been drinking tonight.

"Not recently, but he has a couple of times when he's upset." It would make sense Harry would drink when he was upset. I used to drink when I was angry, it wasn't healthy but at the time it numbed any pain.

"Liam I think I can take care of him. You don't have to stay and worry." With my mother being an alcoholic, I had a lot of practice with dealing with drunken idiots. Including myself.

"Are you sure? He can get violent sometimes when he's drunk." I've seen Harry get violent when he wasn't drunk, and I don't think he would ever harm me. I nod to give Liam reassurance and he leaves Harry and I in the living room alone.

"Where were you?" Harry asks once we are alone. I'm guessing Niall and Louis haven't come back yet.

"I was at Liam's house." I decide not to tell him about getting into the school. He was too drunk right now, and he looked like he was about to fall over.

"Doing what? You know he has a girlfriend." Harry mocks, implying that I have a crush on Liam. I didn't know it I was right, but Harry was extra rude when he was drunk.

"He got me an interview with the chancellor of the university, and it just so happened to be tonight." It sounded weird that I went to Liam's house right away to be interviewed by his soon to be step-father.

"Did you get in?" Harry asks me. I feel like he has become a lot more sober within minutes.

"Yes, I did." It still feels fake, like I didn't even have the interview. But I did and I was worth it. I was worth someone's second chance. "It was great. I mean he didn't even ask me questions that were hard to answer." He asked me questions I've always known the answer to and it felt great.

"The guy's a pushover." He didn't seem like a pushover, he just seemed nice. Why was Harry being all weird while he was drunk?

"What? You don't like him?" I say laughing. Maybe I could approach him easily if I just joked around. "Why were you drinking?" I decide to ask now since it seems as though Harry has sobered up.

"I felt like having a drink. What's the problem?" It was more than one drink and we both knew it. I'm guessing he's not going to tell me no matter what, so I might as well let it go.

"A drink? Harry you were plastered when I walked in here." His eyes went from bloodshot to crystal clear within the hour I have been here. I'm thinking he sobered up, at least I'm hoping.