Chapter 14.1--Natasha

The next morning, I was ambushed. By my friends. Before coffee.

"Natasha! I'm so excited for the day we have planned today. First, Mandy is gonna open the shop early so we can find you something sexy to wear on your wedding night. Then, we have a wedding dress appointment followed by picking out bridesmaids dresses, then lunch down by the water. And then Steve is meeting us for picking out china patterns and cake tasting," Emery blurted, jumping around the kitchen with way more energy than any human should have before 9am.

"First of all, someone needs to get me some coffee before I do something we'll all regret," I said. "And second, when did we decide you were gonna be my wedding planner? I'm not opposed to it, but I'm just very confused."

"She wouldn't shut up about it last night," Wanda teased, throwing an arm over Emery's shoulders.

"I just figured, you know, being your best friend and confidant that I'd be the best woman for the job. Plus, no offense to Clint, but he can't exactly help you pick out lingerie," Emery said.

"Agreed!" Clint called out from the other room. "Laura would never let me live that down. Plus, we've talked about this. My duties as maid of honor involve staying out of the way and making sure you walk down that aisle."

"Don't worry, Clint. You're off the hook," I said, laughing. I turned to Wanda. "What do you mean she wouldn't shut up about it last night?"

"Well, for starters, we're back together," Wanda replied with a smile. "And second of all, Emery made the decision that she was going to plan your wedding because she knows how important this wedding is to you but also how stressful it probably is on top of avenging responsibilities. Her words, not mine."

"Em, I really appreciate that," I told her. "And I'm really glad the two of you have worked things out."

"Yeah, she realized she couldn't go more than 24 hours without me," Emery teased, kissing Wanda's cheek. She tugged on my arm. "C'mon, get some coffee and we'll get breakfast on the way."

"Mandy isn't even here yet," I protested, walking into the kitchen to start the keurig. I left out the fact that she was probably just upstairs in Bucky's room. "And I'm not picking out my wedding dress without caffeine in my system."

That made Emery start to squeal and Pepper started crying again, thinking about how I was getting married, blaming it on 'stupid pregnancy hormones'.

Steve joined us for breakfast, and a few minutes later Bucky trudged downstairs with Mandy behind him.

"Hey, everyone," she greeted us, giving a small wave.

I noticed that she caught Emery's eye across the room and gave her a slight nod. Emery winked at her in response. It made me really happy that they'd worked through their tensions. The last thing we needed was another situation where Bucky was caught in the middle.

"Mandy, you want some coffee before we head out?" Wanda asked.

Mandy nodded. "Sure thing. And then I have to change." She gestured to her current outfit, consisting of Bucky's t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

"You can borrow something from me," Emery volunteered.

"Thanks, Emery. I appreciate that," Mandy replied.

Emery squeezed her arm. "I'll go pick something out." She walked away.

I glanced at Mandy. "She seems quite eager considering you spent the night here."

Mandy laughed. "Yeah. Although, for the record, I didn't sleep with him."

I sipped my coffee. "I know."