Chapter 10.1--Natasha

I shakily sat down next to Steve as he rubbed circles on my back. I don't know why, but that was the most relaxing thing ever.

"Are you ok?" Steve asked.

I nodded, smiling. "I've never been better."

Bucky grunted and crashed to the ground with a thud. I forgot he'd been standing on his head.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking," Bucky grumbled.

I laughed. "Why were you on your head?"

"I was following through with my dare." Bucky glared at Sam. "Thanks for that by the way. What were you saying, Nat?"

"I was just saying that Dr. Simmons at SHIELD thinks with how my body is reacting to the new powers, I might be able to conceive a baby. It's not a guarantee, but it's possible," I told him.

"Nat, that's great!" Bucky said, smiling.

I smiled back. "Thanks. She wants me to come by the hospital in the morning to run a few tests. We'll know more then."

Steve gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I tucked my hair behind my ears and stood up. "I think I'm gonna turn in for the night." I leaned over and kissed Steve. "See you upstairs."

"Five minutes," he mumbled onto my lips.

I kissed him again then after a chorus of 'bye!'s, I headed upstairs.

"Nat, wait up!" Emery called after me.

I turned at the sound of her voice. "What's up?"

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened in Budapest," she said, pulling me to the side so we could talk alone. "I shouldn't have been so pushy."

"Em, it's ok." I massaged my shoulder. It had started throbbing a little bit more than it had been.

Emery sighed. "She was in your head, wasn't she?"

I nodded. "What I said about you not knowing me I didn't mean it. I couldn't control it. Kristina just got to me somehow and I...I tried to resist it but...it reminded me so much of the Red Room where I was trained."

"You seemed to go in and out once we found you."

"Yeah. I've built up a tolerance. But I think there was more to it. I'm just not sure what exactly it was yet. I need to figure some things out, and with the new powers...Dr. Simmons hasn't been able to give me any conclusive results."

"It'll all work out soon, Natasha. I'm sure of it." Emery gave me a hug before letting me go upstairs.

Once I was back in my room, I quickly changed into a fresh shirt and pulled on a pair of booty shorts. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when Steve came back upstairs.

"Nat?" he called.

"In here," I replied before spitting into the sink.

Steve joined me in the bathroom, wrapping his arms around my waist. "You have toothpaste on your cheek."

I rinsed my toothbrush and smirked. "Uh huh." I swished a cup of water in my mouth and spit it into the sink. "Can you hand me a tissue?"

He passed me a tissue and I wiped my mouth.

"Steve, why are you watching me brush my teeth?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because you're cute."

I laughed. "I'll take it, I guess." I hopped up onto the counter, wrapping my legs around him. He lifted me up and took me back into the bedroom.

"What should we do tonight?" he asked as he kissed down my neck.