chapter 31

Luke Hemmings

I needed to get away. Since we had a few days of break before our next show, I got on the first plane to Australia and didn't look back; I didn't even tell anyone where I was going to be honest.

"Please buckle your seatbelts. Flight 2764 to Melbourne is about to land," the overhead sounded. I did as I was told and held my breath, awaiting the drop. When we finally touched the ground, I couldn't be happier. There was something about Australia, maybe it's scent, that just makes me feel at home. Whenever I come home, all of my problems seem to become small and my head is clear. But then I remember where I am: Australia. And all of my problems come rushing back. And they all start with the same letter: P.

I took a deep breath and went to get my small luggage. When I came out of the airport, I wasn't really sure where to go. Do I go to the house? Do I go to a hotel? Do I try to go to the frat house? Am I even still banned from school property?

Oh, who cares. I know if I go to the house all hell will break loose and I'm not ready for that. I decided to book a hotel and I was very happy with my decision. I couldn't be in the same house as her. I wouldn't last. I miss her, but I can't have her back. I need her, but I can't ruin this. I want her, but she'll never want me.

I knew that I needed a drink so I went to the first party I could find and it so happened to be a frat party at my old house. Hopefully I don't get caught being on campus.

I was welcomed with the smell of alcohol, weed, and sex. I grabbed a cup off the counter and immediately downed it, feeling the alcohol of god knows what burn the back of my throat. I missed this: the parties, the alcohol, the feeling. I needed to feel the sensation again so I grabbed another two cups and took them like shots. I could feel myself working with the alcohol. My hips started swaying a little bit more and I was drawn to the dance floor.

I started dancing with a smoking brunette and when I say smoking, I mean smoking. I'd never seen anyone as hot as she was. She was killer on the dance floor and our hips moved together perfectly in sync. We danced for a little while longer before we both got more to drink. She looked so carefree when she drank and I wanted to be carefree too... so I drank more. We drank and drank and danced the night away. We somehow got sucked up into a game of strip truth or dare and she decided that even though she would do her dare or answer her truth, she would still take off an article of clothing. She was stunning. Every inch of her was perfect.

Once we finished the game, we went back to dancing and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. For a moment, it looked like she got lost in the music before she came back to reality.

"Hey, I'm just going to step outside real quick. Need some air," she spoke to me. She looked a little pale so I followed her to make sure she was okay. I'm not sure who this Luke was but he seems to be a decent guy, which is new for me.

"You alright?" I asked her when I found her outside, taking deep breaths.

"Yeah, sometimes parties give me a bit of anxiety from all the people and it being so hot. I just needed a minute," she explained. In the process, her tank strap fell off of her shoulder and I reached to pick it back up. She shivered under my touch and I immediately felt a shock run through my body. Our faces were so close and our bodies were basically touching at this point. I couldn't help myself. It started off slow, our faces coming in but I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed her cheeks and slammed my lips on hers. Instantly, I felt the fireworks again and I couldn't stop. We stood there for a good 5 minutes just kissing, caressing, and touching before she whispered out, "upstairs."

She walked in front of me, with my hand in hers, she pulled me up the stairs while some guys I used to know whistled as she did so. As we got upstairs, we found the first vacant bedroom and started igniting the fire.