chapter 18 *

Penelope Rhodes

When I heard Ashton's loud voice boom from the living room the next morning, I had never been happier. He came back. I never would've guessed that he would've come back with a crib full of gender neutral clothes, accessories, and toys apologizing nonstop to Hayden but he did.

And it was really cute.

"Wait... I thought you all said Hayden wasn't pregnant and she said Daddy because of Ashton's... yeah. You all were wrong!" Cal idiotically teased as we all face palmed except Hay because she had absolutely no idea what went down in that conversation yesterday.

"So when's the appointment?" Luke asked as he came behind me, wrapping his arms across my body.

"Um they couldn't get me in until next week but I can't wait!" Hayden exclaimed, crying tears of joy and holding her stomach. Ashton put his large hand over her's and kissed her forehead.

"I'm glad you came back, Ash," I whispered in his ear as I hugged him in congratulations.

"Me too," he whispered back before we let go.

"Where is the baby going to sleep?" Mike asked. I guess no one thought of that...

"I got it! Hay, you can move into my room since you're there most of the time anyway and we'll transform your old room into the nursery," Ashton smiled and I could see how genuinely happy he was.

The rest of the day was spent with laughs and stolen kisses and a lot of food. Everyone was happy for them and even though they're young, I know they'll be able to do it. Since Ashton already graduated, that'll make it so much easier for Hay once the baby comes and during her pregnancy because she won't have to drop out of school to take care of the baby... Ashton will be there.

"We're going out to celebrate! We'll see you guys later!" Ash yelled as he and Hayden walked out the door. Well, they won't be going to the bar but I'm sure they can find something to do with their time other than drinking and sex. Cal and Mike decided to go on a date to the late night water park so it left Luke and I. Awesome.

My mind flickered back to the conversation Hayden and I had yesterday in Victoria's Secret and I thought really long and hard about it. I mean, Luke has changed and he's no longer that guy who uses women and he's apologized for making me one of his challenges. Do I trust him? Yeah. Was I ready? I think so.

I knew Luke went into the recording studio because I could hear the faint sounds of the guitar so I took this as my chance. I pulled out the VS bag from under my bed and stared at it for a good 10 minutes. I don't know why I was so nervous because I knew that trying it on meant nothing.

It was a black lace set that clipped to stockings at the bottom and it hugged all my curves in the right places, pushing my boobs up higher than they've ever been. The dark color contrasted well with my skin tone. This was one of the first times in my life that I've felt beautiful and comfortable in my own skin.

I was running my hands up and down my body feeling the material while I posed in the mirror, enjoying this feeling. I felt ready... well as ready as a virgin could feel. I was comfortable with it being Luke and as uncomfortable as I was in this yesterday, I'm surprisingly very comfortable with what I was wearing and how I looked.

"Hey P what do you- Fuck," Luke stuttered, pulling me from my thoughts. I whipped my head around to find him leaning against my door frame with dark eyes. I panicked and wrapped my arms around my body, hoping to spare myself a little embarrassment but it was no use as I could feel my cheeks burning and my legs shaking. "Don't cover yourself up, Ellie... you're so beautiful," he whispered as he came toward me ridiculously slow, attaching his lips to my shoulder.