chapter 29

Luke Hemmings

"...We deserved so much more than we got, Luke. And that kills me." I replayed her words over and over again in my mind before I realized I had dropped my phone from shock. Penelope... my Penelope just called me and told me that she wished we had gotten more than we did. That she misses me and wants us to work... that she possibly still loves me?

How could I have been so stupid? How did I give all of that away?! Was I mentally insane? Have you seen her? She's the most beautiful creature I have ever set eyes on and the way her curves sculpt out the most beautiful silhouette, it makes my heart race every time I see her. Every time I look at her, I fall in love with her all over again and yet I'm also reminded of how terrible of a person I am to treat that wonderful person so wrong. I mean she's smart, gorgeous, she has such a kind heart, she's so lovable, and-

"Lukey?" Ugh.

"Yes, Arz?" I asked, gritting my teeth.

"Who was that on your phone?" She smiled at me all sickly sweet like. She makes me sick. The fact that my management thought that she was a good idea? I think they are mentally insane. I'm just so glad this contract doesn't last me forever. Although, this baby does. Shit.

"No one," I lied through my teeth but I knew she saw right through me.

"Is that so? Huh, sounded like our little friend Penelope..." She tested.

"Listen, we are only doing this right now because you signed a contract to be my girlfriend. There is no real love. There are no real feelings. The only real thing is that baby and the fact that we're having one together is frankly the only reason I try to stand you even when I'm not in the spotlight, okay? So if you could just get off my back for a few damn minutes that would be greatly appreciated alright, sweetheart?" I spat out at her, completely done with her bullshit.

"Go to Hell, Luke Hemmings," she seethed.

"Drop the attitude, Princess. We need to be on a plane together and then go to Christmas Eve dinner back in Sydney tomorrow so shape up. I'm not losing my career over the fact that you're pissy, got it?" I pointed my finger at her, making sure she understood how serious I was.

She rolled her eyes and walked out. What a bitch. Wow.

We slept in different beds, as usual. No one knows that, of course. Not even the boys. They all think I'm actually dating her because I want to. Does anyone think I would actually give up on possibly getting my forever with P for her? No chance. It was harmless fun at first, pretending to have a relationship, or should I call it a 'situationship', with her but now we're in so deep, she's pregnant and I've been realizing how big of a mistake it was to hook up with her in the first place. I was just so hurt and angry after everything went down with Penelope that when my management told me she was my new publicity girlfriend, I figured "well, she's here... might as well make the most out of it."

I didn't sleep at all, though. I kept replaying her voicemail, listening to every phrase, every word, every breath. I bet I could recite it to you by now. I royally screwed up. I'm not even sure why I went to the bar that night and got drunk but the fact that I was unfaithful to the love of my life kills me. I cried so much last night, although I hate to admit it, I'm such a baby. I'm so anxious to see her today back in Aus. I'm prepared to confront her- tell her everything. Was I allowed? No. Was I going to? I hope so. Would she forgive me? Yeah, probably not. But hey, it's worth a shot.

The plane ride was awful because we had to pretend to love each other and the smell of her perfume mixed with the turbulence from the airplane was making me nauseous. Fun. We landed and I got off that plane faster than anyone could even tell me to wait. I needed to be off. I needed fresh air and the ground.