chapter 24

Hayden Jackson

Today was Thanksgiving which meant that everyone was coming home. Thankfully, Ashton was coming in before the rest of the boys because we had an early morning appointment for the gender reveal of our baby. I'm still surprised they are going to see us on Thanksgiving Day but I'm not complaining.

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was on the TV in the background while I anxiously waited for the door to open. Finally, I heard the creaking and I jumped up to be immediately engulfed in his strong arms. He was my safe haven. My child's father. My home.

"Ashton..." I breathed out as I held onto him for dear life.

"Hi, babe," he giggled before kissing my lips. We stayed in each other's embrace for a while before we noticed the time.

"Shit we're going to be late!" He exclaimed as he took my hand and led me down to his beauty of a car.

We drove to the OBGYN and signed in. Flashbacks of the last time we were all here together left a sour taste in my mouth because P and I were best friends. Ever since she started her therapy again, she's been distant. I can see she's trying but it kills me that she's still pushing herself away. The drinking had stopped minorly and isn't happening as much but I can still tell she's hurting. I wish she would've come today but I knew that asking her would've been a long shot. She wouldn't have come.

The doctor finally called us and we were met with a new face. I guess our other doctor couldn't be here but that's okay because I got to see my baby. She placed the gel on my stomach and ran the wand over my large bump.

"Ms. Jackson, Mr. Irwin... here is your baby," she said, motioning to the very defined shape of a baby.

"Beautiful," Ashton mused while he grabbed my hand and kissed my head. I cried like I usually did but it was new seeing Ashton cry as well since he hadn't been here with me in so long. "Hi baby. I'm your daddy. I'm sorry I haven't been here to see you lately but I love you. I love you and your mommy," he whispered through his tears.

"Ms. Jackson... I was wondering if you've experienced any cravings?" She asked me.

"Um yes actually. Really weird ones... like cheetos with jelly, chile peppers with lemon, and especially chocolate milk with salt and vinegar chips." I told her honestly.

"What a strange one you are, Hay," Ash laughed.

"Alright... it seems that everything about your baby and pregnancy is healthy and normal. You're about 5 months and should be due like we've talked about, around the middle of the month of April. Now since you meet the growth criteria and since Mr. Irwin could make this appointment... would you like to know the sex of your baby?" She asked me with a big smile on her face.

"Yes please!" Ashton exclaimed before I could answer. She looked at me for approval and I just laughed and nodded, encouraging her to tell us.

"Alrighty... Ms. Jackson and Mr. Irwin... you will be having a healthy baby..."

Calum Hood

The plane was long and bumpy but got worse every time I had to hear Arzaylea complain about it. She's so annoying and rude and ugh sometimes I just wish I could slap her.

"Please make it stop," Mikey complained as he rubbed his temples with the hand that wasn't in mine. I laughed in response but stopped once Luke glared at me.

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk toward the baggage claim where we all waited for our luggage. I was disappointed that P wasn't coming to pick us up from the airport but I guess I shouldn't have expected anything else. I mean, she hates Arzaylea, with good reason, and Luke isn't her favorite person right now. Just because she might not want to talk to us doesn't mean I haven't been checking up on her. I hear Hay cry to Ash when she explains what's going on with her and I've even talked to Hayden myself about it.