chapter 14

Penelope Rhodes

It was another random Thursday morning which meant that later on, I had my favorite class: Music Appreciation with Calum. Everyone still looks at me funny, but Cal just tells me to blow them off. If anyone is wondering about the 'Malum' situation, they're just really good friends that kiss sometimes and cuddle a lot. It's weird. They also aren't doing labels, like Hayden and Ash.

My long day was over and Calum and I walked back to the apartment, laughing about something funny one of our teachers said. We went into the apartment to find a note from everyone saying that Ashton went to dinner with his dad, and Hay and Mike went to get food and then bowling.

Cal and I decided we were going to just hang out, watch funny videos and eat ice cream. We were showing each other funny things on tumblr, and Cal was playing around with the bass a little. We fed Daniel and were playing around with Cooper before one of Cal and I's favorite songs came on. We were dancing and jumping around before the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," I laughed as Cal turned down the sound system but I immediately stopped once I saw who it was. My face fell, my stomach dropped, and a sickening feeling settled there.

"P who is it?!" Cal yelled to me but I couldn't form words... not with him standing in front of me like that.

"I think we have something that belongs to you," the police officer spat at me before he threw Luke's bloody and bruised body into the doorway of my apartment and turned around, walking away.

"CALUM!" I screamed as I tried to pick up Luke's body but I needed his help. He walked in and stopped in his tracks.

"Is that L-" he started.

"Yes Calum, help me!" I screamed as tears streamed down my face. He rushed to my side and helped me lay him down on the kitchen table. I didn't know where the bleeding was coming from but I knew the amount of blood he was losing was not a good thing.

"P you have to help him!" Cal screamed, pleading with me while he motioned to his best friend.

He picked up the phone and started to call everyone, shouting that Luke was home and hurt, and we needed their help.

I needed to help him... but I'm not sure if I could.

 Ashton Irwin

This prick. He thinks that I have no idea what he did and it kills me knowing that I see him and he still treats me like I'm his only child. I know about everything. He actually is having the audacity to deny everything I'm saying even though he promised to be honest all those years ago.

"Jesus, Rick! You promised you'd be honest with me!" I screamed at him as I watched him sip his red wine slowly before cutting another piece of his extremely rare and expensive steak.

"Son, I'm not sure what you're talking about," He calmly responded.

"Dad, I saw her picture in your office! I know about Penelope!" I dramatically moved my arms around, extremely pissed off that he's lying to me.

"You know what about Penelope?" He tried me.

"I know that Penelope is your daughter. Penelope is my sister. And she thinks you're dead." I spat at him. His eyes popped out of his head for a moment before he composed himself.

"Ashton I wanted to-" He started but was interrupted by the excessive ringing of my phone.

"Hello?" I answered with a hint of anger in my voice.

"Ashton," Calum cried out over the speaker.

"Calum? What happened?" I asked frantically, worried that something terrible had happened.