Rumors ~Imagine~

“I don’t even know her!” Niall screamed, pointing at the picture on your phone.

You were super angry at the moment. There was gossip all over the internet of Niall and his “new girl.” The thing is, you and Niall had been together for eight months. There never should have been any other girl.

“Don’t lie to me, Niall!” You screamed back, knowing that this wasn’t going to end well.

You stomped away to grab some of your things. You knew you wouldn’t be staying with him tonight.

“Wait! (Y/N)! Babe!” He called, hurrying after you. He ran up behind you, and hugged your from behind. He whispered in your ear, “You know I would never hurt you.”

You pushed him away. “I’ll be back some time to get the rest,” You snarled, pushing him aside as you stormed out of his house. You shuffled through your bag, looking for your keys. You could have sworn you had them with you a minute ago.

You turned back around, thinking you might have left them inside, when you saw a smirking Niall standing in the doorway.

“Where is it you said you were going?” He said smartly as he dangled your keys from his finger.

You gasped, realizing what he’d done. You mumbled a few curse words under your breath before deciding that two could play this game. He wants to be smart; you can be smart right back.

You threw your bag over your shoulder, flashing a smirk at him as you began to walk down the driveway. He stared at you for a moment, mouth open in shock as he rushed toward you.

“You forgot I have legs, babe,” You said to him as he neared behind you. “I can always walk.”

“C’mon, (Y/N). It’s way too dangerous for you to walk all the way home all alone,” He said, still gripping your keys in his hand.

“Who said I was going home?” You asked, knowing this would get him.

“Well then, just where are you going, little lady?” He smirked, walking next to you.

“None of your business,” You said, keeping your eyes in front of you.

“Oh, I think it is my business,” He said. He leaned in, so that his face was close to yours. “I should know where my girlfriend is going.”

“I’m not your girlfriend anymore!” You quickly corrected him. “Why don’t you go bother your ‘new girl’?” You snapped, putting air quotes over “new girl.”

“Babe, face the truth. You could never give me up. You just love me too much. Now, girlfriend, tell me where we’re going.”

You stopped and reached into your bag, in search of your phone. You were planning on texting one of your friends to come get you. You finally pulled your phone out, typing in your friend’s number.

“I’m not your girlfriend,” You snarled at him again.

He suddenly took your phone from you and pushed his lips onto yours. You stood completely still, unsure of what to do. Of course you didn’t want to kiss him, but you couldn’t help it. It had always been so easy to give in to him.

He pulled away for a second. “I knew you still love me.”

He kissed you again, with you kissing back this time. “Now let’s go home,” He said, reaching for your hand.

You sighed as you knew that you really couldn’t give Niall up. He was right; you loved him too much. You hesitated at first, though, and Niall noticed this.

“(Y/N), I promise you that those rumors are not true. I would never want to hurt you. I don’t know that girl in the picture; it’s all just a big lie. Trust me, I love you, (Y/N),” He said, looking into your eyes.

You’d seen that look before, he was telling the truth. You smiled, and took his hand as he led you back to his house.