Imagine for Aira!

You threw your head back and let a frustrated groan slip past your lips. You knew you were due for a new car, and this was the final straw as you found yourself stranded along the side of a busy highway. With a dead cell phone in your lap, you were afraid you’d never get home. You punched the steering wheel in front of you, cursing your car for refusing to cooperate. After throwing your now useless phone onto the empty passenger’s seat beside you, you crawled out of your car, making sure to slam the door after you. You leaned against your car, watching as car after car raced past you without even seeming to notice you there. There was, however, one exception.

You were taken by surprise when a mysterious black car rolled to a stop behind yours. A boy climbed out of the car and approached you with a warm smile on his face. You had no idea who this guy was, but he made you want to smile back at him. He lazily sauntered over to you, with his hands stuffed in the pockets of the sweatpants he wore. When he finally reached you, he stood beside you and also leaned against your car before saying, “It’s one of those days, isn’t it?”

“Sure is,” You agreed, folding your arms over your chest. You looked over at the boy, taking in his appearance. He looked quite comfortable in baggy sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a pair of white Nike shoes. He crossed one foot over the other and his lips were still curled up into a smile. You never met a stranger that smiled as much as this one did.

“Can I help you out with anything? Maybe I could just keep you company until the tow truck comes?” He suggested, already knowing your situation before even having to ask.

“I haven’t called for a tow truck yet. My phone’s dead,” You explained with a sigh. You watched as the boy dug his own phone out of his pocket and held it out to you.

“You really got it bad, don’t you?” He joked. “Here, use mine. I’m Niall, by the way,” He added as you slowly slid the phone from his grip.

“Thanks a lot, Niall,” You said, smiling to yourself as his name rolled off of your tongue with ease. “I’m Aira,” You told him just as you brought his phone to your ear and waited for someone to pick up on the other end. He scooted closer to you, watching the traffic while you arranged for a tow truck to come get your car. After that was done, you returned Niall’s phone to him and thanked him again, expecting him to head off. But he didn’t.

The tow truck arrived almost forty minutes later, and Niall stayed with you the whole time. He talked nearly the entire time, but you didn’t mind. In fact, you were actually a little disappointed to see the tow truck when it finally did arrive. If you could have, you would’ve just stood there on the side of the road and listen to Niall for hours.

“If you want, I’d be more than willing to take you home. I was just headed to the grocery store for some snacks and stuff, so it wouldn’t be a problem at all,” Niall shyly offered, dropping his eyes to his feet as he spoke.

“Okay,” You nodded, suddenly feeling a little shy, yourself. You waved to your car as the tow truck drove away with it, and Niall laughed from behind you. After you were situated in Niall’s car, he licked his tongue over his teeth and glanced over at you.

“What?” You squeaked, and he shrugged.

“Nothing,” He mumbled, slowly driving his car back into the flow of the traffic. “I was just thinking that I was planning on having a movie day by myself, but I wouldn’t mind a little company.”

He looked at you again, this time with a smirk on his face. “Is that an invitation?” You asked him before locking your eyes with his.

“I guess it is, yeah,” He said, making you giggle.

“Then I would be honored to have a movie day with you, Niall,” You told him.

With a cocky smirk still on his face, Niall said, “I hope you like to cuddle.”

**While Niall hopes you like to cuddle, I hope you like this imagine!**