Imagine For The Future

Imagine…

“You’re like the cutest thing ever!” You cried, holding your friend’s newborn baby. She had the prettiest blue eyes. “She looks just like you, (Y/F/N),” You added.

The baby resembled her mother quite a bit. They both had those eyes, that pointed nose, and that bright smile. You couldn’t help but let a few tears slip. You had been best friends with this girl for years, and now she had her own child. You’d been there through it all with her.

“Let me hold her,” She laughed, grabbing her daughter from you.

You smiled as you watched her eyes brighten up, it was perfect. You couldn’t wait for the day to come that it would be your turn to share a moment like this.

You laughed as the baby made a weird noise with her tongue when your name was called. “(Y/N)! Babe!”

You turned to see your boyfriend, Niall, standing in the doorway of the hospital room. “Hey!” You smiled, running for him.

He hugged you, looking over your shoulder at the baby. “She’s born!” He cheered.

“Niall, hey!” Your friend called, still holding her baby.

He took your hand, walking over to the bed with you. “Can I hold her?”

“Of course,” You friend smiled, carefully handing her baby to Niall.

You smiled again as you watched Niall hold her. His eyes sparkled, and he spoke in a high-pitched tone to the newborn. He held her little hands, almost making you want to cry.

“Hey there, little princess,” He said to the baby, looking in her eyes. “She’s beautiful,” He added.

Your friend chuckled. “How come you’re so sweet, Niall?”

He smiled. “I’m just naturally sweet,” He laughed.

You laughed too, keeping your eyes on him. He was so cute around babies. He looked into your eyes, and smiled. “Have you held her yet?” He asked.

You nodded, but held your arms out anyway. You didn’t mind holding her again. He handed her to you, and you smiled down at her.

“So what’s her name?” Niall asked your friend.

“You know, we’ve been thinking about it for a long time,” Your friend started, looking up at her boyfriend, whom was smiling widely at his baby. “I think we should call her (Y/N).”

You perked up at the sound of your name. “Seriously?” You asked, holding onto the baby’s hand.

“We think it’s a perfect name,” Her boyfriend said, smiling at you.

You giggled. “Oh my gosh, no one’s ever named a baby after me before!” You gasped, overexcited.

“Well, now someone has. Meet (Y/N),” Your friend said, pointing at her baby.

You gave (Y/N) back to her mom. You were so happy that she named her baby after you.

You and Niall walked out hand-in-hand. “Hey Niall?” You spoke up.

“Yes, babe?” He looked down at you.

“When we have a baby, if it’s a girl, could we name her (Y/F/N)?” You asked.

He chuckled. “Sure, love.”

You smiled as you rested your head on his shoulder, anticipating the day that your own child would be born. You knew Niall would be the perfect father.