Feelin' the Burn

You turned from the bowl of fruit salad that you were sneaking from, facing Niall with a guilty expression on your face. "Niall!" You chirped, with a mouthful of cantaloupe, "How - how long have you been standing there?"

He laughed and shrugged, answering, "No more than a minute or so. Listen, I have a problem." He chuckled nervously and combed his fingers through his hair.

Shoving the fruit salad back into the refrigerator, you said, "Oh God. What happened?"

"So, you know how I was out in the pool with the kids, right?" He started, and you nodded slowly. "Well," He continued, "None of us remembered to put sunscreen on and now we're all a bunch of toasted Horans."

"You don't look burnt," You observed, furrowing your eyebrows.

Niall chuckled a little and turned so that his back was facing you. Good Lord. His entire back was red, and already starting to peel. "Oh my god, Niall!" You gasped, "Go sit down, I'll get the kids. Just don't rest your back against anything." Niall followed your orders and sat down on the couch, careful not to lean back. You pushed the sliding doors open in the back, calling out, "Guys! Come inside, before your sunburn gets worse!"

You had all three of them gathered in the living room when you reappeared with a bottle of aloe lotion. You chuckled a little at how uncomfortable they all looked, trying not to move any more than they had to. Your daughter was burned bad on her shoulders, and your son had a touch of it on his stomach and a little on his back. But Niall's entire back was red, and you were sure he'd gotten it the worst. You carefully massaged some lotion on both of your children, and they whined in discomfort. After you were done, you told them to find some loose clothes to change into, so they could get out of their damp swimsuits.

"Alright, Daddy's turn," You said, crawling on the couch beside Niall. "Turn," You instructed, and he moved so he was sitting sideways. You crossed your legs as you sat, and squirted a decent amount of lotion into the palm of your hand. "Okay, now stay still," You told him as you rubbed his sore back with the healing lotion. He sighed in relief and let his head roll back. "Is that good?" You asked, giggling.

"Mm," Niall hummed, "Yeah." You laughed again and dispensed some more lotion onto your hand, massaging that into Niall's back, too. 

You leaned forward to place a quick kiss on his neck, and Niall moaned a little, saying, "Babe, how long do you think it'll take the kids to change?"

"I don't know. A few minutes. Why?" You asked, moving the bottle of lotion to the coffee table. 

Niall moved so he was facing you and gently pushed you back onto the couch, hungrily whispering, "You can't just touch me like that and not expect me to want more."

**When I was like eight or something I got sunburn really bad on my shoulders and it started to peel and... ugh, such a struggle. I remembered the horrors of sunburn and decided to write a quick imagine about it.**