Annabeth and the new camper

Demitri's POV (an OC)

I was hanging out with Malcolm, my half-brother. I found out I was a daughter of Athena and discovered a lot of new people at Camp. I hadn't seen much of Annabeth, the oldest camper because she was always with a group of people. 

I was trying to spar and learn a few moves with Malcolm and I was about to land a hit when my attention shifted to a blur of blonde and orange. Malcolm noticed and stopped, following my gaze. 

"Uh-oh," he whispered. 

"Annabeth!" a camper shouted, running up to the figure. 

So this was my counselor. Annabeth was gorgeous and looked much older than me. She looked to me 16 or so, I was 13. 

Annabeth's blonde hair was messy and she looked a little like she'd just gotten out of bed. There were tears streaming down her face. 

A camper tried to talk towards when Clarisse, daughter of Ares shoved him out of the way. Clarisse was intimidating, shooting glares and nearly always scowling. Right now, her face was anxious and gentle as she walked over to my sister. 

"Annabeth, it's alright" she soothed. Annabeth was breathing heavily, clutching and pulling at her hair. She was sitting on the steps of the Hermes Cabin. Clarisse and Piper, daughter of aphrodite sat down next to her, their expressions somber. 

Malcolm and Katie, a daughter of Demeter told everyone to continue what they were doing, shooting dark glares at people who wouldn't listen. I sat on the bleachers, observing the three girls and drinking water. 

Piper had her arm around Annabeth, whispering things quietly to her. Clarisse was on the phone, explaining something with frantic hand gestures. 

Annabeth had her head in her hands, her body racking and heaving with sobs. Clarisse hung up, sagging with relief. 

She said something to Annabeth and Annabeth nodded, hugging her knees to her chest. 

After a few minutes, a figure came running. I expected Piper or Clarisse to stop them, but they looked up and sighed. 

"Where is she?" the boy asked impatiently. He was muscular, tan, and had black hair. Katie pointed to where the three girls were sitting. 

Annabeth looked up, a sob escaping her lips. 

"Hey, Wise Girl, I'm here" the boy exclaimed. He ran up to her and Annabeth stood and flung herself into his arms. She clutched the boy tightly and her head was buried in the crook of his neck. "I'm so sorry, Thalia got into trouble at school, I'm so so sorry," he said. He hugged her tightly, closing his eyes.

"It's okay, you're here now," Annabeth replied. ost of the campers had left. Only Piper, Clarisse, Katie the Stoll brothers, Chris, Leo, Calypso, and a couple of others remained. Malcolm sat next to me, taking a long sip of water. 

"You haven't met Percy yet have you?" Malcolm asked. I looked up, shaking my head. 

"Who is he?" I asked. Malcolm smiled coyly. 

"Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon," he mumbled. "He goes to high school, but he's here as often as he can, for Annabeth" he explained.

"Talk about me Malcolm?" a voice asked. I whipped my head up, startled. Percy and Annabeth were standing in front of us. Annabeth seemed calmer, but her hand was tightly latched onto Percy's. 

"Hey, Percy, nice to see you" Malcolm greeted, smiling. Percy sat down next to Malcolm, pulling Annabeth to his side. He glanced at me. "This is Dimitri, the newest daughter of Athena," he introduced, patting my shoulder. Percy looked at me, his gaze wasn't scary, but it wasn't nice either. 

"Dimitri, nice to meet you, I'm Percy," he greeted, giving me the smallest of smiles. Annabeth looked at me, something unreadable clouding her features. 

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to get you settled in, I'm Annabeth," she greeted. I shook my head. 

"It's fine, Malcolm was very helpful," I reply, smiling. Annabeth smiled slightly at her brother. 

"How old are you?" Percy asked. 

"I'm 13," I replied. Percy nodded, looking at the sky. 

"That's good, they've gotten better at this," he said, surprising me. Malcolm laughed. 

"Yeah, they are learning," he joked. Percy nodded. 

"So Dimitri, how'd you find the camp?" Annabeth asked. I shrugged. 

"My dad brought me here, telling me that I'd be safe here," I explained. Annabeth frowned. 

"Your mortal parent brought you here?" she asked. I nodded. "That's cool," she mused, forcing a smile. 

"How long have you been here?" Percy asked. 

"I arrived yesterday," I replied. Percy nodded. "I'm guessing you've been here for a long time?" I asked. 

"I've been here since I was 12, Annabeth here has been here since she was seven," he answered. 

"Have you gone on a quest?" I asked eagerly. Percy's mouth set into a hard line. 

"I've been a part of two great prophecies and more than five quests," he replied. I gaped at him. 

"Wow, that's a lot!" I exclaimed. "I bet you've been on so many cool adventures and had lots of fun," I remarked. Percy shook his head. 

"The quests were never fun, I've seen a lot of things during the quests and learned the hard way that being here sucks," he replied. I frowned. 

"You really don't ever want to go on a quest," Annabeth butted in. I nodded slowly. "You'll feel a lot more like a kid that way,  Percy and I have been through a lot from these quests" she added. 

I nodded. 

"Well, let's go, it's lunch" Malcolm stated. Annabeth nodded. 

I followed Malcolm to the Athena cabin's table, expecting Annabeth to follow, but she sat with Percy, Piper, Leo, and Calypso. 

That was how I met Percy and Annabeth, the bravest people I've seen.