Annabeth's little taks

Piper's POV

I was walking with Annabeth along the shores of the beach. It was my second day at camp half-blood and I was really starting to like it here. I constantly reminded myself that I was going to betray these people. I did manage to remember it most of the time, but with Annabeth, it was hard too. She was slowly becoming more open to me and we spent nearly every minute together. She talked about her boyfriend and her previous quests but was always cold and distant at the same time. She never fully opened up, but I understood.

"So, what'd you want to talk about?" Annabeth asked as she sat down. She wore a camp shirt and had her hair thrown messily into a ponytail. Her eyes were stormy as she looked out into the beach. 

"Well for starters, why do we come here after every meal?" Annabeth shrugged.

"I got used to it," was all she said. I stared at her.

"I used to come here with Percy, the only place where we could be alone" she explained.

I nodded understandingly. 

"What's the one thing you want to do before you die?" I asked her. Annabeth thought about the question.

"I want to die, with my arms around Percy" she stated, sadness clouding her eyes. She touched a white bead that was on the end of her necklace. 

"What's the meaning behind all those charms?" I asked, pointing to her necklace.

She sighed and then took off the leather necklace. 

"My first year at camp" she begins, touching the first bead.

"Party ponies in prom dresses," she says, smiling.

"Greek trireme on fire, there was an incident" she smirks, rolling her eyes.

"This bead represents the son of Poseidon making it out of the underworld alive" she states, pointing to a black bead with a trident. 

"This one is Thalia's tree and the golden fleece," she says, pointing to a bead with a tree and a gold cloth. 

"This one's the labyrinth" she states, pointing to one with an intricate design of passageways.

 "The battle and our fallen friends" she whispered, indicating to the last one. 

"This is a coral pendant that Percy gave to me when we started dating," she said, fingering a red coral pendant.

"This is my dad's college ring" she states, pointing to the ring.

"I've got the most beads at camp, I've been here since I was seven" she explains. I nodded.

"What about you, where'd you live before here?" She asked.

"I lived with my dad in Oklahoma and then moved to a school with Jason and Leo" I stated. Annabeth nodded.

"Jason seems nice" Annabeth points out, but her words are bitter. 

"You don't sound like you mean it" I stated, staring at her. She shrugged.

"Reminds me of someone, blonde hair and scar" she sighed. 

"Hey, Annabeth," someone greets. It was Clarisse Larue, daughter of Ares. She showed little interest in me but seemed to get on with Annabeth and a few others well.

"Hey Clarisse, " Annabeth greeted back, waving. Clarisse glanced at me but ignored me. 

"Some of the oldies are meeting at the rec room, you wanna join?" she asked. Annabeth hesitates, glancing at me.