Piper meets Percy

Piper's POV

You know, after hearing the stories of Percy Jackson.... he wasn't that impressive. 

We had just taken a seat and were eating. I was sat next to Annabeth and Leo. Percy had his arms around Annabeth and they were smiling. 

I never saw Annabeth smile so wide until now, she must really love him. I had a salad and vegan burger patties. Annabeth turned to me, laughing at something Percy had said. 

"Piper, this is Percy," she introduced. Percy looked at me as if only realizing I was here. He smiled at me, it was authoritative and mischievous looking. 

"Hey, I'm Percy," he greets, taking a sip of coke. Annabeth leans into his touch, grinning. She gives Percy something. It's a tin chair with cookies, but they're blue. 

"Here Seaweed Brain, your favorite," Annabeth says, smiling. Percy looks at the tin and then Annabeth's face. He laughs and kisses Annabeth's cheek.

"Wise Girl, you're the best!" he exclaims, opening the lid. Annabeth laughs. 

"Sally insisted that I give them to you, something blue," she says. Percy's smile flickered, and it turned sad. Annabeth's turns sad too. 

"They would have loved this you know," he says. I don't know who they are talking about. Annabeth nods. 

"To our fallen friends," she says, taking a sip of lemonade. Percy copies her. 

"To our fallen friends," he echoes. Annabeth sighs and eats her food. 

"So Piper, who is your parent?" Percy asks after a couple of minutes. 

"Aphrodite," I reply. Percy smiles, but it's small. 

"It's a very respectful cabin," he says. "When were you claimed?" he asks. 

"A couple of weeks ago," I reply. Percy's face goes dark. He glares at the sky. 

"They promised," he said angrily. Annabeth gripped his hand. 

"We'll get an audience with Zeus and tell him about making promises you can't keep," she promised. He seems to calm down after that. "Leo is a son of Hephaestus," she says. Percy smiles sadly. 

"I hope the two of you know, there's quite a lot riding on the two of you," he says, looking at me. "Selena and Beckendorf were very loved," he jokes, but there's a sense of seriousness in his tone too. I smile. 

"How is camp?" Percy asks. Annabeth smiles. 

"Everyone was pretty frantic without you, even the Ares cabin" she replied. Percy smiled at that. 

"Wow, is Clarrise in uni now?" he asks her. Annabeth nods. 

"Sherman took over," she states. Percy nods. 

"How's my favorite Red-Headed Nightmare?" he asks. Annabeth laughs. 

"She's in her last year and misses you," Annabeth replies. Percy grins. 

"What about Pinecone Face?" he asks. Annabeth smiles. 

"Thalia was searching for you, she missed you a lot, so did a couple of the other hunters" Annabeth states. Percy smiles wistfully. 

"Man, now I miss my favorite cousin," Percy says, and then his eyes widen. "Besides Nico, obviously," he says quickly. Annabeth nods.

"Obviously," she agrees. Annabeth looks so at ease, relaxed. I wish Jason and I could be like that. 

"So Piper, what did you think about Drew?" he asks. I shrug.

"She's questionable," I reply. Percy laughs at that. 

"Drew's got the best intentions at heart, she's nicer if you get to know her," he reassures. I frown.

"You're pretty close to all of the campers huh?" I ask. He nods.

"Camp's my home, been going since I was 12" he replies. I nod and I'm about to say something when a voice interrupts me. 

"Annabeth!" the voice yells. It's a cyclops. He comes darting over, smiling. I expect Annabeth to draw her weapon, but she doesn't. The cyclops hugs Annabeth. Annabeth laughs. 

"Hey Tyson, you did it!" she exclaims, making Tyson giggle.

"I did it, I found brother as you said," he said proudly. Percy smiled and hugged the cyclops as well. Tyson let Annabeth and Percy go and he touched Annabeth's hair. Percy smiled. 

"It's longer," Tyson states, frowning. Annabeth laughs. 

"I let it grow out," she explains. Tyson. smiles and waves goodbye, going somewhere else. Annabeth smiles and turns to Percy. 

"I missed Tyson," she states, laughing. Percy smiles. 

"Yeah, he missed you too" he states. Anabeth smiles.

"Hey Annabeth, is that you're boyfriend?" Leo asks, turning to us. Annabeth rolls her eyes. 

"Yes Leo, this is Percy," she states. Leo smiles. 

"Sup, I'm Leo" he greets. Percy's eyes stare at him for a few minutes before he waves back. 

"You're a son of Hephestus right?" he asks. Leo nods. "You must sleep in Beckendorf's bunk," he states. Leo nods again.

Percy nods his head, smiling sadly. 

"Treat it well, Charles used to brag about his bed all the time," Percy says. Leo smiles and nods. Annabeth smiles and sighs. "Did you get the dragon?" Percy asks Leo. 

"Yeah, he's the head of the ship," Leo states. Percy frowns. 

"You decapitated him?" he asks flatly. Annabeth laughs. 

"Leo helped him, Festus broke down but he was saved" Annabeth explains. Percy nods. 

"Thanks, you probably did Cabin Nine a favor," Percy states. Leo laughs. "Oh Wise Girl, whose responsible for this little mishap anyway?" Percy asks, looking at Annabeth. "I have two obvious choices, but I don't wanna point fingers" he adds. 

"Well, the Bovine Majesty is probably responsible," Annabeth replies, rolling her eyes. Percy scoffs.

"Okay, all we did was disrespect her, as she deserved it" Percy states. Annabeth shushes him. "Oh right, we don't want Her Most Annoying Majesty to get upset do we?" he says, emphasizing the use of Hera's nickname. 

Annabeth stifles a laugh. 

"Sadie and Carter told me that when I find you, to tell you hello for them," Annabeth says to Percy, confusing me. 

"You told them?" Percy asks. Annabeth nods. 

"You owed Carter a voice mail," she simply states. Percy laughs. 

Time Skip

We were on the Argo II and I saw Percy and Annabeth at the deck.

Percy had his arm around her shoulders and was making her laugh. 

Annabeth says something in return that makes Percy shake his head. 

I'm about to turn away when I see the two of them kiss out of the corner of my eyes.