Annabeth on the bus

Annabeth's POV

I was on the bus seated next to my friend Brydon. She didn't know about my demigod life, so I was careful when talked to her. She was talking about the museum we were going to and how pretty it was. The bus was loud and chaotic. There were times where I nearly sipped into a flashback, but there was one teacher who would always help me. I didn't really understand how Ms. Cami knew, but I didn't question it. 

"So, the building is so big, and there are these archways-" Brydon was explaining when my monster-proof phone rang. 

"One second," I said quickly. It was Percy.

"Percy I can't talk right -" I began and then stopped when heard his panicked voice.

"Annabeth, I-I got stabbed, blood t-there's blood everywhere!" he exclaimed. I paled. 

"Percy, p-p-put pressure on the wound" I instructed.

"I-I can't i-it's on my stomach, I don't know what to do" Percy croaked out. I felt tears form in my eyes.

"It's okay Perce, just call for Will o-o-or a medic" I stammered. 

"Annabeth, I-I-I'm alone" he exclaimed. I started crying.

Brydon looked at me, worried. 

"It's okay seaweed brain, just take deep breathes and eat am-" I blurted out.

"I-I don't have any, I gave my last bit to Nico," he said. I paled further.

"Oh, gods" I muttered "please Percy, I can't lose you" I sobbed. Then, M. Cami came over to me and gestured for the phone. 

I gave it to her.

"Hello?" she said into the phone. I heard Percy talk. "Geta cloth, yes tear it from your shirt if you have too" she instructed "It's alright, just relax" she soothed. Then she went on instructing him, talking rapidly. After a bit, she relaxed and handed me the phone.

"You're boyfriends, alright now Ms. Chase" she reassured. I spoke on the phone.

"Perce?" I managed. 

"Annabeth," Percy breathed out. I let out a breath. 

"You're okay?" I asked. 

"Yeah, the woman helped me. I'm headed to camp right now" he promised. I sagged.

"Thank gods, I thought you were dying" I whispered.

"I love you Wise Girl" Percy stated.

"I love you too, Perce" I responded, hanging up. I turned to Ms. Cami.

"How'd you know?" I asked her. She smiled.

"I went to this camp" she responded.

"Camp Half-Blood" I whispered, smiling. She nodded.

"Camp Half-blood" she echoed back, in confirmation. I laughed, wiping my tears.

"Annabeth, are you okay?" Brydon exclaimed. I nodded.

"I'm alright," I reassured. She hugged me, and then we lapsed into silence. I glanced at Ms. Cami, who winked at me before sitting down. I sighed, leaning my head against the seat. I closed my eyes. 

"I'm safe," I mumbled, my hand touching the coral pendant Percy had given me. i smiled. "I'm safe".

"Annabeth?" Brydon mumbled. I opened my eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Who's Percy?" she asked. I pondered the question for a minute.

"He's my other half" I responded, smiling. Before he could respond to that, the bus lurched to a stop. 

"Everyone, off please!" Ms. Cami exclaimed, gesturing for us to exit the bus. I stood and exited the bus, Brydon right behind me. As soon as I got off the bus, I spotted something. 

I stifled a laugh. 

"Neeks" I whispered. I glanced at Ms. Cami, then subtly pointed at Nico. She smiled at me, nodded. I laughed, running towards the small boy. 

"Nico!" I exclaimed. Nico looked up, startled. He smiled when he was me.

"Annabeth!" he exclaimed, hugging me. I jumped for a second, but hugged him back. He hugged me tighter, resting his head on my shoulder. 

"You okay?" I asked, letting him hug me. He shook his head. I understood. 

"Bad day?" I asked, knowing the answer. He nodded, trembling slightly. "It's alright Nico," I promised, rubbing his back. 

"Sorry," he mumbled, pulling away. I squeezed his shoulder.

"It's alright, I'm here for you" I replied, smiling. He smiled back, nodding. 

"I should let you go back to your class now" he stated. I grinned. 

"I'm going to the muesem, if you need to find me, I'll be in there okay?" I asked. He nodded, giving me another hug. 

"I'll see you back at Sally's" I stated, ruffling his hair. I squeezed his hand. 

" Quick and painless" he whispered to me, turning towards a shadow. 

"Quick and Painless," I echoes, turning back to my class. I ran back to my class, nobody noticed. 

"Alright class, let's go in" Ms. Cami stated, glancing at me. Brydon stared at me.

"Who was that?" she asked. 

"My uh relative, we are siblings I guess, we live together" I stated. SHe gave me a look shrugging.

"Quick and Painless"