chapter 24| F + H forever

This might be the best summer break I've ever had. With Felix having a non-traditional job, we get to spend all our time together. Like right now, we're on this epic hike just outside of town. He's leading the way... Shirtless, workout shorts low on his hips. Honestly, is there anything more beautiful?

He looks back and smiles, "Almost there, baby."

Okay, that. That's even more beautiful.

When he resigned and wrapped everything up with his employer, the first place Felix went to was my apartment. And I don't think he's ever leaving... I think it's that part of his personality where he makes himself comfortable wherever he is. His clothes and toiletries are here. He cooks, and I clean up. This is life now. We have a routine.

That scared, broken part of me wants to... Needs to confirm it, but the healed part of me knows this is just how it is now. Felix and I, together forever.

"Do you think we should move into a bigger space? Don't get me wrong, I love our place, and it's not like we're having kids... But you know... If you wanted to... We could. Money is not an issue."

Our place? I smile... "Umm..."

"But also, if you want to stay because of the connection to your mom, we can. I guess I just want to make it clear that it's us against the world. We can do whatever we want."

"Why are you rambling? That's my thing. Are you nervous about something?"

"No."

"Suuuure..."

"This hike just has me thinking about a lot of things. That's all."

I love that we are on the same page. That he has confirmed our 'partners in crime' status.

"Us against the world? I like that... A lot."

At that, he stops walking and puts his hand out. When I grab it, he pulls me roughly into his body. Our naked stomachs slap together. Maybe just wearing a sports bra was a bad idea. When he kisses me deep but tender, I think he's feeling the same way.

"Just over this hill." He kisses the tip of my nose.

And so it is... A gorgeous waterfall flows into a beautiful, if not slightly rocky, pool. I can't believe there's no one here.

"How did you find this place? How is it empty?" I wonder aloud.

Felix shrugs, leans close, and whispers, "Do you want to go skinny dipping?"

My face heats, not that he could tell... We've just been hiking.

"What if someone else comes?" I look nervously around.

"They won't, but if they do... I'll protect your honor, my lady."

I roll my eyes at that and swat his chest. I bite the inside of my lip in thought, but I know what I want to do. He doesn't even have to dare me. So I quickly strip off my sports bra, shorts, and undies before running into the water. When I turn around, I see he's running naked after me.

We swim around talking, floating, kissing, and eventually check out the waterfall. It's the perfect day. When I turn to Felix, he looks deep in thought.

"You okay?"

He shakes his head as if he's shaking out his thoughts and smiles. "I'm awesome... All of this is awesome. Have you ever come to a conclusion, and everything gets perfectly clear?"

"Umm yeah, I guess... So life is good?"

"Fuck yeah."

I splash him and swim away. We play around a little more before redressing and hiking back to the car.