t w e n t y

exiting the room, chaewon held her head down until hyunjin pulled her to sit on the chair. she was holding a small pink card written appointment on the cover and inside of it, the column was almost full with dates, signatures and notes.

"what did the doctor say?"

"don't play in the rain..." she muttered.

hyunjin gave her a sad smile, remembering the days they enjoyed in the rain. "you can dance elsewhere."

"nowhere is more good than in the rain."

"right," he agreed. "but it's for your health."

after talking to hyunjin's parent, the girl finally gave in at the offer of them helping her. she was very hesitant but his mother convinced her to accept it so she did. however, she set a deal that she won't be attending school and had to find a part time job, knowing they would have to pay for her too if she enters school.

it's sad knowing she couldn't go to one and probably couldn't enter a university either. but in today's society, money is everything. hyunjin also offered to teach her some basic learning from school.

one thing she still doesn't know was, why they are helping her.

chaewon took the medicines from the counter and looked into it. she cringed as she mentally calculated the approximate value of them.

my monthly expenses.

"let's go?"

she nodded and hyunjin brought one of her bags. chaewon couldn't count how many deeds him and his family had done for her. she already lost count.

🌧️

the girl entered her house first. when she stepped in a wave of sadness washed over her. there's no longer her grandmother's traditional greet everytime she returns home, no longer her favourite soup made by the old woman. and there will be no one to tell her stories before going to sleep.

though the last one might be a little childish, she truly enjoyed her grandmother's stories. it was different from the dramas and movies she once see when she was still young. just at the thought, her heart clenched ans tears were threatening to fall but she held them in.

"this is the last one, right?" hyunjin's voice broke her thoughts and she immediately turned around to see hyunjin was dragging in her duffle bag.

"ah, let me do it." she rushed to him and took the bag but the male insisted on bringing it to her room. "it's not even heavy! it's fine, really."

"you're still recovering."

with a snap she managed to take the bag from hyunjin. the guy had a surprised face on as he blinked and looked at her in disbelief.

"i'm doing this myself, thank you. make yourself at home."

"ah, no. we're heading somewhere for a dinner. mom's waiting in the car."

chaewon mentally slapped herself for forgetting that. she disappeared into her room. after roughly fifteen minutes she went out with a white button up blouse and tucked them in her soft pink skirt. she had a hairband that matched with her skirt and a small sling bag.

hyunjin looked at her in amusement with a small smirk on his face. flustered, the girl pushed him off the door and locked it. when she turned around hyunjin held out his hand.

"your hand, milady."

"i want to smack you so bad right now." the girl muttered but took it nevertheless. the male chuckled as they made their way to the car.

chaewon was nervous, of course. hyunjin noticed this and gently tightening his grip before loosing it again. the girl looked up to him, only to be met with his gentle, hooded eyes.

"it will be okay."

🌧️