s i x

staying in the mart was not the best option. the ac was always on so hyunjin had decided for both of them to sit on the bench outside under the roof. at least the rain was not as cold as the aircond. 

both had hot chocolate in their hands. the girl softly blew the drink before taking a small sip but immediately pulled it away.

hyunjin stifled a laugh. even they just met, he felt attached to her. there was something in her that made him want to befriend her.

"just wait a little bit longer." he said, blowing his drink as well.

she pouted before turning to him. "i never catch your name."

"hyunjin." he replied shortly. "you?"

"chaewon." she sipped her drink and hummed happily. "this feels good."

"but you're drenched." hyunjin pointed out. "are you sure you don't need my jacket?"

she shook her head. "i'm used to this. it's not that cold."

he blinked her eyes twice. are you kidding me? i'm freezing here.

"i know what you're thinking," she laughed, "it is cold. but really, i'm really used to this cold. that's why i'd never bring an umbrella."

the latter nodded his head slowly. "aren't you a mysterious one?"

"what do you mean?"

"it's rare to see someone dancing in the rain."

"it's fun." she said, happy evident in her voice. "it feels like you're throwing away all your problems."

really?

hyunjin's mind flew to the arguments his parent had and the fact that his father was not home at that moment.

is he running away from his problems too?

"does that mean.. you're doing it because of that?" he asked quietly.

chaewon smiled a bit. "i love dancing. and the rain added to the emotional feeling inside me. it just happened when i was dancing and suddenly it rained. since then i grew up liking it."

he wanted to try it too.

"don't you have school?" she changed the subject. hyunjin quickly nodded before drinking the hot chocolate and stared off to the road.

can that make me feel better?

"it's getting late," chaewon stated and pulled out her hand to feel the rain. "the rain has lessened a bit. it should be okay for me to walk, right?"

hyunjin looked up and shook his head. he pushed the umbrella to her. "take this. i'll just use the jacket."

"are you sure? you might catch a cold walking in the rain." he nodded at the reply and chaewon took the umbrella. "come on, i'll walk you home." she offered but he refused.

"shouldn't i be the one who did that?" he chuckled as he stood up and put his hoodie over him. "i'll get going now. take care, chaewon"

he walked away and jogged afterwards. chaewon giggled as she watched him. after a minute the guy had disappeared and she made her way home.

her lips curved upside as she looked up to the black umbrella covering her from the rain. it had been awhile since people cared for her, and then there was hyunjin, a complete stranger who lent her his umbrella.

her heart warmed up.

🌧️