t w o

it was raining, but not too heavy for his liking. just pitter patter and the jacket he was wearing warmed him up.

the time showed 12:30am. the neighborhood was silent but a few moments later there were barks from the stray dogs. he knew he shouldn't be out this late, but he just did not want to get cramped in the house.

full of problems.

hyunjin was a happy guy. he was quite popular in his school with his group of friends. the teacher liked him because of his academics. the students adore him for being good looking and kind to everyone. at some point he thought his happiness was one hundred percent at school. he could forget the problems he was facing at home.

he did not even know if it could be called home.

his stomach growled. the ramen he was having earlier wasn't enough and on a cold night, it was easy to get hungry. luckily there was a twenty four-seven mart down the streets. 

he walked in with his wet jacket and shivered when the cold hit him. the cashier chuckled.

"sorry, can't turn the ac down for you."

"whatever, noona." hyunjin sighed, making his way to the instant food isle. he wanted to take the instant noodle but changed his mind and took instant porridge instead.

"why are you out this late, again? it's raining." the cashier, haseul, asked.

hyunjin shrugged as he settled down on the chair, facing the outside. "just felt like it. wanna see the rain."

"you're weird, hyunjin. you know that?"

"oh, no i don't. people at school adore me though."

both friends chuckled at his response. haseul was a great companion at these times. hyunjin had known her since his first time sneaking out late from his house. coincidentally, haseul worked late at night so he thought it would be good if he stayed there a bit longer, especially at night.

the girl let him have his meal alone. as soon as silence followed, hyunjin put on his earphones as he watched the rain hit the glass window.

the porridge in front of him was still hot. blowing a bit, he stuffed it in his mouth and hummed at the heat inside his body.

he was enjoying his food but then caught something.

or someone, in the rain.

he squinted his eyes towards the person while his mouth was full of his porridge and eventually made out the figure.

it was a girl.

and she was dancing in the rain.

🌧️