f o u r

"lix! where's the snacks?!" hyunjin's voice echoed. the said guy peeked his head out.

"oh, i don't have any."

the other stared at him in disbelief. "dude how are we gonna enjoy the movie?"

"we should buy it then." seungmin appeared with a bowl of cereal. "oh, no. you should buy it. you were the one who asked for it."

"this late? it's still raining lightly and dark. is jinnie hyung gonna go alone?" jeongin chimed in, worried evident in his voice.

felix pulled the younger guy down on the comforter he had prepared. "it's fine, innie. hyunjin's fine with being alone."

hyunjin's jaw kinda dropped at his friends' behaviour. but what could he do? he's in need of snacks at that moment. seeing none of his friends get up, he wore his jacket and made his way to the usual convenience store with an umbrella.

"hi, noona." he greeted haseul briefly. the girl just smiled before continuing her works. after making sure he brought enough money, he picked a few of his favourite snacks as well as his friends'. it didn't take long for him and within minutes he was ready to return to felix's.

but then he remembered something.

it was raining.

his head turned to the park, and surprisingly the girl was there. it was not even midnight yet.

suddenly he was making choices whether he should talk to her or not.

that was the first time he saw her after two days. he couldn't really go outside since his mother was keeping him home but when he saw her, an unknown feeling of excitement jumped in him.

the girl was now sitting on the bench, leaning his head backwards. without hyunjin realising, he had made his way towards her.

when he was near, a sudden nervous feeling rushed into him. he stopped in his tracks but the umbrella he was holding already covered the girl.

the blonde girl snapped her head to the back and saw a black haired guy stood frozen, letting the rain fall onto him. she looked up to the umbrella and pushed it to the guy.

"you'll get wet." she said innocently.

hyunjin snapped into reality. "uh.. so are you."

a smile appeared on her face. "i already am, don't worry."

"but–" his words trailed off as he thought back on what he was gonna say. "i.. i often come to the mart over there and one day i just saw you sitting here. without anything to cover you."

"oh.." she grinned sheepishly. "i.. don't expect that. but i just love the rain, that's why."

"but you'll get sick." he covered her with the umbrella once again. his action made the girl chuckle and stood up to fit both of them under the umbrella.

"i'm just fine. i don't get sick often." she said and this time, seeing the girl up close with her honey-like voice, hyunjin had officially become a statue.

she's stunning.

was all he thought.

🌧️