o n e

"don't you dare set your feet outside this house!"

hyunjin flinched when hearing the shouting, followed by the slamming of the door. it was a daily thing but he never get used to the loud sound. he pushed the curtain to the side and saw his father's car was leaving the house.

he was sad yet could not do anything.

he had never known why they were always fighting.

after a few minutes he decided to check on his mother. slowly walking downstairs, the woman he loved looked up from the book she was reading and shot him a faint smile.

"mom, have you eaten?" hyunjin returned the smile. his mother shook her head. with that he went to the kitchen and prepared some ramen for their small dinner. he might not be a good cook, but the food he made is always edible.

a small smile made its way to his own lips when he put a bowl in front of her. "thanks honey."

the latter hummed, settling down in front of his mother. they ate in silence when her mother's phone rang. however the woman let it be, turning it off even.

he didn't want to say anything.

but he was curious.

🌧️

it was raining.

hyunjin shivered while closing the windows and heard the sound of the engine being turned off. it was his father. relief rushed over him when seeing the man was safe.

but not long after, he heard a knock on the door before it flew open.

there, his father stood emotionless. "have you eaten?"

the younger guy nodded. "yes."

he did not know why the voice was cold, as if there was a venom inside it made him shiver.

"good. i'll be away for two weeks." and his father closed the door, leaving him alone in the room.

hyunjin bit his lower lip. again? 

he never liked that. he really wanted to know why they acted that way but never found the courage. as if his parents were some sort of politician that he needs to show respect formally.

he just wanted a normal family. where he could spend his time together, hearing their laugh and have dinner. is it too hard? did they not treasure their one and only child?

when he heard the sound of the car leaving again, he switched off the ac and the lights before going downstairs. it was dark but he could afford to find the house keys and left.

🌧️