Old and New Faces

Začít od začátku

Blake: "Nope, we are going in a forest nearby... who happens to be infested with Grimm."

Yang: "It looks like we will get business in no time."

Ruby: "..."

Yang: "You ok Rubes?"

Ruby: "Huh? Oh yeah, just still thinking, why is so familiar that name?"

Blake: "Maybe if Ozpin had a photo or something it would have helped."

Weiss: "Too late for that now."

Shortly the pilot announced to prepare for landing, as the doors to the bullhead opened, team RWBY was welcomed with the sight of Duncan and Medusa.

Yang: "Psst, Weiss, do you have an older brother that is actually hot?"

Weiss: "What? No!"

But Duncan had other problems of his own, his brain shut down when his eyes landed on Yang and Ruby. But decided to keep quiet.

Duncan: "So girls let me guess, dear ol' Oz sent you right?"

Ruby: "Yeah, are you Duncan Redgrave? And by any chance do you know someone by the name Qrow Branwen?"

Duncan: "Hoho! Haven't heard his name in some time. How about we introduce ourselves, name's Duncan Redgrave.

Medusa: "I'm Medusa Redgrave, pleasure meeting you."

Weiss: "Weiss Schnee."

Blake: "Blake Belladona, nice meeting you."

Yang: "Yang Xiao Long, how's it going?"

Ruby: "Ruby Rose, leader of team RWBY."

At that moment Duncan's eyes widened hearing their names.

Medusa: "Something wrong Duncan?"

Duncan: "Yeah. Back up a second kiddo. Rose and Xiao Long? Are you perhaps related to Summer and Tay Yang?"

Yang: "Yeah, Tay is my father and Summer is Ruby's mother we are half-sisters."

Duncan: "Then let me guess, Raven? Tay always had a thing for her. Damn."

Ruby: "Wait you ...knew mom...?"

Duncan didn't like how Yang's tone became agressive when she talked about Raven and Ruby became more emotional when she talked about Summer.

Duncan: "Yeah, she and my sister used to hang around most of the time. Guess i'll have to bake a dozen of chocolate cookies for her as an apology for missing."

At that moment Ruby's eyes became teary.

Yang: "... Summer... she went missing... years ago in a mission..."

Duncan: "!!!"

Duncan took out from his jacket's inner pocket a flask filled with whiskey before taking a sip.

Duncan: "Sorry to hear it. I'm sorry... i'm even afraid to ask, but what about Raven..."

Yang: "Oh her... She doesn't even bother to show up! She pretty much fucked off before i could even meet her!"

Medusa saw that Duncan's hands started to heat up, she decided to end the conversation.

Medusa: "My apology if i'm interrupting, but you were sent here to take us to Beacon from what i'm aware?"

Blake: "A-ah! Yes, we better get going."

TIMESKIP

Duncan's POV: