Chapter 2: Meeting the Gladiator

Orion Pax walked Melione over to find the gladiator and then maybe some Energon to refuel them before they go back to Iacon, but then they bumped into a bulky silver and red mech with deep blue optics. "Oof! Oh, by the Allspark! We're so..." Orion was about to apologize when he was surprised he bumped into the gladiator that he and Melione were searching for: Megatronus.

"How did you get in here? Are you lost?" The gladiator asked. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! We found him; The Champion of Kaon, the one, and only Megatronus!" Melione said, feeling hyped up and excited to see the famous gladiator. "Sorry, no autographs are allowed in here," Megatronus said. "Please, forgive us. We're not here for your signature, we just wanted to meet you." Orion Pax anxiously explained. "Well, this is rather unexpected. What are your names?" Megatronus asked. "Hi, I'm Melione. This is Orion Pax. He's a big fan of yours! Also, I'm hungry." Melione said. "I'm not...Clearly, we came uninvited. Could you show us the way out before we get into trouble?" Orion asked. Megatronus smirked. "Not from around here, are you? Don't worry, I know a place where we can hide and I can get your friend something to refuel her." The gladiator told the clerk and his friend.

Moments later, Megatronus took Orion Pax and Melione outside of the Kaon Halls where he got them some Energon to refuel their tanks. Once they had been well-fed, Orion Pax got to spend some time with Megatronus while the two were starting to get to know each other and Melione made sure to let Ariel and the others know that they will meet up with them in Iacon within an hour.

"So, Orion Pax, is it?" Megatronus asked. "Yes, that's my name. You must be Megatronus." The young red and blue mech presumed. "It's nice to make your acquaintance. Care to tell me where you and your friend came from and how you got here to where you met me?" The silver mech asked.

"Well, it's kind of a long story. I was very busy with my job working as a clerk in the Hall of Records when my girlfriend invited me to watch the gladiators fight in the arena at the Pits of Kaon with our friends, Osiris and Dionysus. I followed Ariel and Melione over to Kaon where we watched the arena with our friends." Orion Pax told the gladiator. "However, I only wished that the gladiators wouldn't have to kill or have their Energon spilled and their sparks extinguished for the entertainment of the crowd. So when you won the arena and you made that speech, it made me feel...inspired."

"Most Cybertronians don't take my speeches seriously. I only made up my triumphant speech to give my audience something to cheer for. No need to praise me for slaying that beast anyway." Megaton said to Orion Pax.

"You mentioned in your speech that your teachers taught you how to fight," Melione said. "Where did you learn your incredible battle skills?" She asked enthusiastically.

"I learned how to fight in gladiator school at the Pits of Kaon under the supervision of my mentors. Before that, I was originally a mining bot known as D-16." Megatron said as he began to explain himself to Orion Pax and Melione. "I was never given a proper name and was put into hard labor as a slave. But despite all of that, I managed to learn how to help myself and others thanks to my supportive guardian, Terminus. When Sentinel Zeta Prime heard about how much I was getting stronger, he let me leave the Energon Mines until I eventually used my great skills in combat to become a gladiator. I soon became a champion at the Pits of Kaon and because of my greatness, I had decided to name myself after one of the Thirteen Original Primes: Megatronus. It was against the rules, though, but the reason why I renamed myself after Megatronus Prime was that he bowed to no one." He said.

"Alpha Trion had told me stories about the Thirteen Original Primes and how they were the greatest bots in the galaxy, but I always thought that they were only a legend." Orion Pax said.