Chapter 28: When a lady says no.

Start from the beginning

Then again wait- this is a magic world. Wouldn't there be some Pegasus horses breed or like a unicorn? Royals or some high order family would be the only one's who'll have those though from the looks of it.

Hold up, I should ask Vincent if he has some of those rare breeds. You never know what kind of pets or magical beings these rich people keep. I mean Vincent did have a fairy for their garden caretaker.

So imagine what's in their stables.

I already saw the Yulien's mansion stable and they only have regular horses, they were adorable but I wasn't allowed to go in. The stable boy that took care of the horses would always shoo me away. That place also didn't have any frogs, so that was hell.

Alfred answers, "It is me who takes care of the horses. He would trust them to no one else, that is how important they are to Master Hills."

"Oh..." I looked back at the horses and asked, "You said this was only his second most important thing. What's the first one?"

Alfred, for the first time that I've seen him, he smiles sadly as he takes me back down to the ground gently, my feet tapping the stone path, "Miss Kein's curiosity is admirable. If you wish to know, it would be obvious if you paid attention to every artwork in the mansion. Perhaps try looking again when we get back." (Alfred)

He didn't talk more after that as he also acted as our coachman. I sat beside him wondering, those paintings on the walls. I was all in a hectic state and I never got to appraise them properly.

The ride to the orphanage was short from here as it was just thirty minutes by carriage ride, and the horses were going at a pretty fast speed.

We arrived as the carriage stopped momentarily at a metal pointed gate with the words at the top, [Orphanage Home To All]. Alfred jumps down from the driver's seat as he takes me down too.

"Miss Kein, you will only carry what you can. Do not force yourself." (Alfred) said seriously as we walked at the back of the carriage.

He went in first to grab a light box for me to carry which probably was the clothes and blankets. I took it from his hands and carried it like a champ. "Thanks, Alfred."

Alfred nods as he takes another box for himself, "I will lead us to where we need to go, please follow me."

His steps were light as he opened the gate with a magic chant creating a small magic circle right in front of the key lock, "[Unlock]."

The gate opens with the metal gate not even making a sound as my face went like, damn magic be the real shit I ain't getting tired seeing all of this. It's just so different from earth. "Whoah." I couldn't help but let out that sound of amazement as Alfred just moved forward, and me continued to follow him.

"You're doing well, Miss Kein. Keep up the good work." (Alfred) turns his head around to compliment me, taking me in by surprise.

"T-Thanks?" Honestly we're only halfway through inside the orphanage and he's already saying praises but in a serious tone- I can't read him. Alfred nods again as we found the head sister- that seemed all too familiar-