Liu Tong also smiled, "Baozi is also the same. When we left, he claimed he'd go back and check for Qingshu on the way, but he got beaten up by his father on the way. You can tell how much he has changed now. His father warned him that if he ever wanted to marry Qingshu, he would have to learn to read and manners with his uncle, which he did for several years."

Qin Shuwen nodded, "Yes, Baozi's change is quite obvious. When he left, he resembled a baozi, only he was slimmer. He now appears to be a decent childe. If he is not a childe, he may have been attracted to a large number of childe."

Liu Tong took the words and said, "But the boys liked him just the way he was. However, Baozi only loves Qingshu, so he couldn't find a husband who satisfied me."

Qin Shuwen said, "What? Aren't you satisfied with Qingshu? I can tell you, Qingshu is so gorgeous that many boys like him."

Liu Tong said hurriedly, "There's no dissatisfaction. If I'm really dissatisfied with him, Ran and I wouldn't give my childe permission to marry a childe. The two childe seem like a good match even when they are so young. If they were older, who knows how many people would envy them."

"Haha, you're right." Qin Shuwen agreed.

In any case, they were both very pleased with the outcome. Xu Ran and the others had done conversing and were waiting for dinner by the time the two of them had finished their meal. The original plan for Xu Ran to visit Wu Mei's house tonight had to be rescheduled.

Xu Ran asked Lin Hua while eating, "How long are you staying this time?"

Lin Hua said, "Three days! We've been busy lately, but since you've just returned, I have to show respect for your feelings.

Hearing his words, Xu Ran laughed. "Thank you. Don't worry, I'll definitely treat you well and make up for our lost five years of friendship."

That didn't sound right, but Lin Hua didn't hear it.

Of course, in the next few days, Xu Ran did entertain Lin Hua well and he didin't lied.

Xu Ran and his family did not visit Wu Mei and others' homes because of Lin Hua and the others. They just invited them over for dinner and conversation, as if they had returned to the days before they had departed. There was a flat stone path at the entry, and the home was surrounded by a deep forest. An orchard land of fruits was placed next to it. It was as beautiful as always, as lovely as a painting.

.

.

.

.

.

Guoguo found himself unfortunate, but grateful, the moment he plunged from the pit. It was preferable for him to die by falling than to be stabbed to death by these individuals. Tangtang would be devastated if he returned to his people and saw his body on the ground, as would Dad, Daddy, and Baozi.

In general, falling was preferable. No one would know where he was if he fell. They'd just assume he'd vanished, and he'd live on in their hearts forever. Guoguo thought to himself as he fell. It didn't occur to him, though, that those barbarians would likewise fall after he did. The barbarians, unlike Guoguo, did not fall willingly.

This pit was not what Guoguo had expected because it had taken him a long time to land. Besides, he had imagined that when he eventually landed, he would land heavily on the ground, bleeding, but that was not the case. Instead, he fell into the creek and drifted down it. Later, he lost consciousness and had no recollection of what had happened.

When he woke up again, Guoguo didn't know what time it was. He only felt that the sun above him was so bright that he couldn't open his eyes.

"You're awake. Do you want some water? You've been sleeping for a long time."