What Xu Ran said made sense. King Yan nodded in agreement. "In that case, let's carry out your plan. I'll find someone to do it, but when we see the result, you cannot give it up halfway."

Xu Ran smiled, "Of course not."

For the time being, this issue has been resolved. But, before long, Xu Ran reappeared. He was going to talk about milk and wool this time. King Yan could sense Xu Ran's anxiousness as he saw Xu Ran gushing over his plan in front of him.

After Xu Ran finished talking, King Yan didn't nod or shake his head. Instead, he asked Xu Ran, "Why do you want to leave so badly?"

Xu Ran was stunned for a moment, and then he realized what King Yan meant. He shook his head. "I'm in a hurry, but not in a hurry to leave. I'll be staying here for two more years! If you make Yanzhou rich in two years, then I will have no more worries when I leave then."

King Yan did not respond. He was deafeningly silent for a long time before sighing gently. Xu Ran ignored it and continued to plot his strategy. King Yan finally agreed after he spelled out all the specifics and presented them in an interesting manner. Xu Ran then proposed one suggestion after another. King Yan agreed hopelessly, and it was clear that Xu Ran was worried.

It was nearing the Spring Festival when Xu Ran finished stating what he needed to say. When Xu Ran visited King Yan during the Spring Festival, he offered King Yan the plan he had written down previously, but he didn't bring any gifts with him.

Xu Ran's plan gradually came to fruition the following year. This year, it appeared that God had been gracious to them, and everything had gone swimmingly. The only bad news was that Guoguo was still missing, but Xu Ran and his family had never given up hope.

Each plan was on track for the third year, which was the fifth year since Xu Ran had arrived in Yanzhou. Finally, Xu Ran felt relieved that he didn't have to worry about anything else, which meant they could go home.

King Yan didn't want them to leave, but he also knew he couldn't persuade them otherwise. They have lost two children in this place. One of them had never been seen before and would never be seen again, while the other had been raised for over ten years and no one knew when they would see him again. More than likely, he will never be seen again.

Yanzhou was a depressing environment for the Xu family.

As a result, King Yan was not astonished when Xu Ran said that they were leaving, because he knew that day would come. Tangtang had grown from an adolescent to an elegant childe in the last five years in Yanzhou. No one dared to look down on him since he always had a smile on his face.

Baozi had likewise grown from a little child to a lovely adolescent. His every action was so distinct and gorgeous.

Five years had passed in a blink. Some had grown up while others old.

Both Xu Ran and Liu Tong were approaching their forties. Wrinkles began to form on their faces. Even if they were inconspicuous, it was clear that they were aging slowly. Before they went, King Yan informed the people of Yanzhou of Liu Tong's identity and officially recognized him. No one questioned it because they had matching faces. But it wasn't until now that the people realized why Xu Ran had done so much for Yanzhou, and it was all thanks to Liu Tong.

Because they didn't know when they'd meet again, Xu Ran and Liu Tong had no concerns to King Yan's public statement. Yanzhou, after all, was too far away from Xu Village. To send them out, King Yan hosted a luncheon at his mansion. Many people arrived, but they were all connected to Xu Ran.

Because Gao Quan and Shao Yu refused to leave Yanzhou, Xu Ran offered them Red Mansion. He wouldn't have to think of a means to get money if he returned to Yanzhou in the future.