Xu Ran was dressed in a more modern version of the garments he had constructed the night before. He altered it to a casual wear due to the limited conditions. He had his hair styled and looked great. Seeing that Liu Tong like it, Xu Ran was reassured and predicted that Tongtong would like it as well.

Xu Ran said, "Tongtong, I have been busy playing with the children the days before, so I didn't help you. I apologized. I had discussed with the children to give you a surprise, but I really couldn't think of any good idea. So I made this outfit for you to see. Do you like it?"

Hearing Xu Ran's words, Liu Tong smiled unconsciously and said, "Of course, I like it. But Ran, don't go out at night doing these things again. I would be worried. I don't care about surprise. All I want it you to be happy."

It was rare for Liu Tong to say such affectionate words. Plus, it was New Year's Eve today, so Xu ran suddenly had a bad idea in his mind.

Xu Ran leaned over and whispered to Liu Tong, "Tongtong, do you mind if I wear this to bed tonight?"

Xu Ran surprised Liu Tong by asking such a question. In his heart, he still felt odd. Why would Xu Ran need his permission for something so minor? (^///^)

Looking at Liu Tong's confused expression, Xu Ran knew that he didn't catch his meaning, so he leaned over to kiss him and asked, "Do you understand me now?"

Liu Tong was confused as well, but Xu Ran abruptly removed his garments, causing Liu Tong's cheeks to flush. He couldn't possibly still not understand him. 

After all, they've already had three children. Xu Ran has done some stunts in bed before, but this is the first time he's had clothing on. When Liu Tong awoke on the bed, Xu Ran was buried in his chest and he was going to refute. 

Even on New Year's Eve, he had to do something like this. But he was powerless to stop Xu Ran. As a response of his shame, he just did not watch him.

He forgot, though, that even if he couldn't see it, his body could still feel it. Xu Ran's hands lingered on him, and everything he touched heated him up. His hand continued to move, like if he was ready to ignite him. 

The sensation was becoming more and more apparent. Liu Tong's face was reddened and looked as if he was ready to suffocate. It was especially noticeable in the dim light of the oil lamp. As he witnessed Liu Tong's reaction, Xu Ran laughed. 

"Tongtong, our Baozi is eight years old now. Why are you still so shy?"

Liu Tong did not know how to answer Xu Ran's words, so he had to keep silent, but his movements were obviously more cooperative.

Seeing this, Xu Ran did even harder. The New Year's Eve passed away like this.

The schedule this year was the same as last year. The New Year passed without incident.

The Red Tower, like the coal factory, was open for business on the 10th day of the first lunar month. During the last few months, the coal factory's efficiency has been exceptional. 

At the very least, King Yan could put this money to good use by repairing a number of houses. These coal factory beggars might be able to find a place to reside as well. This was something Xu Ran had not anticipated at all. 

They expected it to be nice, but they didn't anticipate it to be this fantastic. The coal factory workers and the sales staff, who had to go out on the road frequently for business, deserve the most of the credit.

Xu Ran and Lu Qi were mostly only offering suggestions and counsel behind the scenes, and king Yan had never paid attention to the coal factory since he first arrived. These folks had worked hard for their money, and it was only fair to spend it on them.