After thinking about it all day long, Xu Ran came up with an idea, which could only be given to Liu Tong.

Xu Ran didn't sleep the night before New Year's Eve as a result of this. While Liu Tong was sleeping, he took a few dark-colored garments and hid in the utility room. 

The lights were dim, and there was only a sliver of light. He had never used needles or scissors before, therefore it was quite difficult for him to operate. Xu Ran waited till daybreak to produce a not-so-appealing end product. It was not, in fact, created by him. 

He just made minor changes to the original dress. Despite the fact that it was unattractive, Xu Ran was pleased with it. After all, it was his first time, so it was satisfactory. Tongtong, in any case, would not oppose.

This was the source of Xu Ran's self-assurance. Someone was always there to encourage him, no matter what he did. Since it was now daylight, Xu Ran did not go back to sleep. He hid everything and proceeded to make breakfast in the kitchen.

 When Liu Tong awoke, he sensed that something wasn't quite right. He had the impression that Xu ran had not been in bed the night before, but he was too cold and drowsy to get out of bed. He assumed that he had gone to the restroom.

 However, when he awoke the next morning, he discovered Xu Ran's quilt was just as it had been the night before. Liu Tong was able to further corroborate his guess.

He knew that Xu Ran must be hiding something from him, but he didn't doubt too much. After all, he did not think that Xu Ran would do anything wrong with him now.

Liu Tong got out of the bed after getting dressed, thinking that he would ask Xu Ran later.

When Xu Ran entered the kitchen, he was conversing with Shao Yu. The room was warm, and there were noodles in the pot that had been cooked. When Liu Tong saw Xu Ran's dark circles, he scowled uncomfortably, but he didn't say anything because it was the New Year.

 And he didn't get the chance to ask Xu Ran what he wanted because Xu Ran was avoiding him that day, either purposefully or unknowingly. Since they landed in Yan Zhou, they had stopped staying up late or all night on New Year's Eve.

 Furthermore, it was now far too cold. If they stayed up all night, they might acquire a cold. So they just sat and spoke for a while before returning to their beds.

Xu Ran entered the room and greeted Liu Tong before exiting with a curious expression. Liu Tong didn't stop him since he planned to ask Xu Ran what he had been up to the night before. He sat by the bedside, waiting for Xu Ran to return. 

After a while, he heard someone knocking on the door. Liu Tong was eager to get out of bed and open the door, but the person he encountered after doing so surprised him.

"Ran?" Liu Tong asked with uncertainty.

Xu Ran smiled slightly and asked. "Yes. Why? You don't know me anymore?"

Liu Tong hurriedly shook his head and said. "No, but why do you dress up like this? It's kind of strange."

Liu Tong opened the door and let Xu Ran in while looking at him.

After entering the door, Xu Ran turned around and asked Liu Tong to take a closer look, then he smiled and asked him, "Tong Tong, how is it? Don't I look handsome?"

Liu Tong didn't know what handsome meant, but he still nodded obediently. "You are very good-looking, Ran, is this the clothes you wear in another era?"

Xu Ran nodded. "Yes, you're so smart to figure it out"

Liu Tong got a little shy when he heard Xu Ran's praise, but his eyes didn't move away from Xu Ran. He kept staring at him and nodded, "This dress looks really nice on you."