18

Harry

Harry

Well, that's Ze's supposed mafia boyfriend!

I scanned the area for what he was looking at, I could tell he was most likely following that girl from the bread section, he was staring at her for more than ten minutes, from the moment he caught my attention. 

I was rushing towards the candles and gifts section of the store fifteen minutes back, to get the necessities quickly and get back to Avyanna's, Leila wasn't safe until we return but when I checked the candles, I was confused, there were so many different kinds of candles in unique shapes, sizes and fragrances. I had no idea what to pick, Leila said candles but not what type, moreover why were there so many candles? I was theoretically frustrated. 

I picked two packs of normal white, and two packs of lilac fragmented candles, that would make forty-eight candles in total, I've seen the number of candles she used at Aini's place to create her circle, that was a lot and total waste of products, why cant the witches stick to LED lights? That can be reused.

I checked the list mentally, candles, done! Clay pot, done! I only need to grab two bottles of water, that was when I saw him from my peripheral vision, he was talking over his phone. He looked similar from the last meeting, in a dark suit and his hair gelled perfectly to his scalp, do men still follow the rules of hairdressing? well, I don't. 

He stopped at the dairy section for too long which caught my attention, I knew Zara did discover something about him but she hadn't yet said what it was, so I decided to follow him in the meantime. He stares in the opposite direction, initially, I thought he wants to buy bread but after observing him for a little while, I found out that he was following a girl, not romantically I might add, the girl was tall, probably a teenager, she carried textbooks in a hand, with glasses. She didn't recognize him when she passed him to the counter behind him.

The whole ordeal was suspicious. suddenly a girl ran towards her calling her name, "Leena! I got it," she screamed, shaking the paintbrushes and bottles in the air and the girl Leena went with her to the counter to pay, the mafia followed her. 

I walked behind them, I was interrupted by the ping of my phone, it notified me of a mail from the office, that was when I noticed the time, I was here for more than an hour. A remainder of Leila with the wicked witch created an unsettlement in the guts and I ran towards the car after paying the bill quickly, the drive only took five minutes. I prayed that Zara was with Leila. 

I parked on Avyanna's garden, she will be dead soon and won't have time for lawn maintenance, Ze would be proud of my action, if Aini was here, I wouldn't have heard the end of it. I miss her but it won't be long before she returns to us, that thought kept me going.

I heard noises traveling in the air when I was about to knock, Avyanna was talking to Leila.

"No Leila, it will not end that way, even if you save your daughter, she will still suffer much more than the rest of us, the curse was strong."