17

Shout out to all 5.826% of the Netherland readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

826% of the Netherland readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

Zara

"The Townsfolk..."

The name rang an alarming ring to my ears, my mind started speculating all kinds of crazy ideas, Leila has stilled and Harry... Well, I could see the same reaction as mine sporting on his face.

"Is it a ghost town?" he questioned.

"A zombie land, maybe?" I inserted.

"Hmm I think it's a psychopath land," he continued.

"Oooh better yet, I say it's a land full of walking dead, vampires perhaps?" I concluded.

"Wait, the google says there is no town under the name of Townsfolk," he asserted.

"And google never lies," I finished and stared at the wicked witch, she was smiling mysteriously at us, making me want to smack that feeling away, maybe a direct punch on her nose would do just fine.

"Now my dear wicked witch, under our wing for the time sake," I mocked at her, taking rounds around her hall, she has cleared the destroyed furniture, they vanished out of sight in a simple flicker of her hands, my legs came to a halt near her and continued, "now why don't you tell us where the mansion is? The truth this time, I know the truth is hard to pronounce but lies don't last forever, so take your time and tell us the truth, you get twenty seconds."

Instead, we heard Leila explain, "Townsfolk was an ancient town, a combination of many villages, where the witches discovered their powers. That's the place they massacred themself, the suicide, their spirits roam the land, at day and night, waiting for evil spirits and evil witches, they kill their states of being, ghosts and witches, once the sister spirits of witches are done with them, they will be gone for good.

When Valerie cursed the bloodline, she indirectly cursed the land as well, the inmates of the town fell sick, plagues seized the land and in the end, the town was destroyed by an earthquake during the times of my great grandmother. Now the town was only ruins and clouds of dust, full of witch spirits guarding their blood spilled land by the vengeful spirits who suffered from the curse, and from the witches who betrayed the cult.

I'm one of the betrayers, for I lived while they sacrificed their lives for the welfare of the people, they hate us, it will not be easy to pass them."

"Then how did the witch get Aini in there?" I asked, agitated at the situation.

"They owe me a favor," the wicked witch butted in, I was tempted to say 'don't sneak your nose in,' but that would make her more devious and we don't want that. So my plan for the moment was to keep quiet, adjust to her presence, and scrutinize every move that witch makes.

"Will the passageway spell work?" Leila asked skeptically. I don't blame her.

"The only way to find that is to try it?" she explained us dismissively like answering a bunch of stupid kids.