5

Shout out to all of the 6.25% of the Bangladeshi readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

25% of the Bangladeshi readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

Harry

It's a bright sunny day.

The rays hit the car windscreen stronger than the last few days, everything seemed brighter than usual, or was it just me? Anyway, I feel hope building inside of me, last few days have been the darkest days of my life but today I feel alive, I wouldn't say I've overcome depression in a day, it was still lurking in the darkest corners of my mind but my heart found a sparkle of fire starting to burn and I see this little ray of hope as the stepping stone to come out of my depression and denial.

The night falls, yet the sun shines every day, doesn't it? Darkness makes us appreciate the light, even if it's the smallest of them, like the stars.

I accelerated towards A's place, the sun rose magnificently amongst the greyish cloud, spreading its rays in a positive golden hue, it was a beautiful sight to see from the passing town, I've been driving for an hour now, I decided to take Ze's advice, I've cleaned myself up for the best of my ability but my five days beard remained, my excitement of the day's possibility kept me up last night and I couldn't focus on shaving in the morning from the lack of sleep, but I've showered, dressed in a black v-neck tee and blue jeans and refreshed my thoughts with positivity and I feel that this was more work I've accomplished comparing to the last few days, I feel better. 

My stomach made a rumbling sound indicating that I'm hungry but I don't want to stop so I kept driving into the city that my girlfriend called her new home, far away from me. When I received the news of her leaving the town, leaving me, I felt broke from the inside but the denial was strong. I knew she was in a tough place and she was only faking the 'i don't love you anymore' breakup drama but I was in a tough place too, instead of helping her come out of her darkness I pushed her away.

It was only when I received her resignation letter I realized how childish I behaved by ignoring her completely but by the time I finished throwing my tantrum she was gone and that's when the denial parted ways with me but somewhere deep inside of my heart I knew she was it for me so I became her shadow, I hired a bodyguard, unbeknownst to her till today, often I ditched my work to do the job myself, I wasn't able to stay away from her for too long. If Dr. Maya hasn't called informing me about Aini's unconscious state claiming that A's mentally challenged I would never have made my appearance in A's life any time soon and I'm utterly grateful to her for it.

And the only excuse I made myself was that I was only playing the protective boyfriend part, successfully.

I passed the new company A recently worked, I hated the notion because the Ceo was only a year older than me, I wouldn't call him ugly, although I wished to, he was... Fairly good-looking, women praised his looks. I wasn't jealous, hmm maybe a little though but anyways I know Aini won't fall in love with anyone else and she didn't, which was a relief and it saved me from possibly hiring a hitman.