8

Shout out to all of the 7.146% of the Philippines readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

146% of the Philippines readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Zara

We drove uptown, if only Harry could tell where this place exactly is, I would just teleport myself instead of sitting inside a car for hours. 

The happy memories cascaded my mind, the long drives used to be the happiest breaks we had when Aini was with us, yes, there were times I used to be disgusted at the way the couple behaved but I was happy, all three of us were but everything has taken a one-eighty turn on us, it was like life has decided that its huge time we were put to the test of time. 

Wouldn't it be amazing if life only has happiness in store for us? But wait, it would also be boring. We appreciate life only when we are facing hardship, the cycle of life, no arguments.

Harry parked the car in front of a tall building, an exports company, but wasn't we in search of a club? Urghh.

"Leila ask harry why we are here," I said to her, I could feel her eyes burning holes on the back of the passenger seat.

"Stop ordering me around Zara!"

"I wouldn't if I have a choice," I crouched back on the seat, letting out an exasperated sigh, and a crazy idea floated upwards, I asked excitedly, "can you perform a spell that lets me talk to anyone I want?"

It was her time to sigh in disapproval, "it doesn't work that way, your powers have to grow over time." 

I kept quiet, she said in a slow voice, "I'm sorry that this happened to you Zara, but don't let trials puppeteer Ze, you're stronger than this, don't let the hurt hurdle your kindness, Zara." 

My decision to settle in the front seat was the best, as the tears streamed down my cheeks I was glad that Harry couldn't see me and really grateful that Leila sat in the back, I hate breaking down in front of an audience, I heard Harry chime in,

"I don't know what you told to Leila Ze but she is here to help, and what she said was right, I have been noticing the way Leila argues with you although I couldn't hear your side of the bargain, this isn't who you are, you are the strongest woman me and A look up to, don't let tests turn you into a bitter person Zara, be the wisest person you always were, be you Ze."

If Leila's pity made me cry, Harry's words made me have a full-on meltdown in the car and Leila placed her hands on my shoulder, for a moment she was quiet until I let out a trembling sob, they were right, everyone has their coping mechanism and mine was hatred but what I haven't noticed was how it affected the people around me. 

Life turned me into a bitter person, true. But when was I the person to follow rules? When someone says right, I have turned left so why now? Why should I be the person my trials want me to be? I was a little sidetracked but I will no longer be.

"Be strong Zara, be strong, you are like a daughter to me, I couldn't see you wither away. We will always be on your side."

Leila's words stabbed me in the heart, I have been rude to her this whole time, blaming her for not taking care of Aini when she needed it but how did I ever forget? Leila was the person I looked up to when I struggled with my personal and professional issues while I was a human, she was the strongest person I ever knew, raising a family as a single parent and equally contributing to run a business empire. 

I'm wrong, I felt disgusted at my uncanny behavior. I'm better than this.

"Alright, this is my friend's company, I'm just gonna go and check if he knows anyone similar to Avyanna in the neighborhood, Leila please come with me, I haven't seen the Wicked witch and won't be able to describe her," Harry spoke after a while, Leila left the car.

I heard Harry speak, "it's okay Ze, being back from the dead tend to break us, I know you need some alone time to pull yourself back, we will be back in a while, stay in the car. It will all be fine Ze, in case if it didn't, let's make it fine, together."

"I don't need alone time Harry, I just wanted to feel alive, I want my life," I uttered in misery but Harry couldn't hear what I said so he left the car and I sobbed, I sobbed for the lost time, for the lost dreams and wishes, for the lost love and family but mainly I cried for the lost life.

Why should this happen to me?

The remainder of my ghostly state brought fresh tears, I had plans, long-term plans in life, and then, death decided to pay a visit, and poof, everything just flew out of the gutter, vanished. 

By the time Harry and Leila returned, I was pulled back, no trace of the broken girl. We are on a mission, after all, so let's game! 

 We are on a mission, after all, so let's game! 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

900 words