5

After a week of zoning in and out of my consciousness, the hospital decided to discharge me

After a week of zoning in and out of my consciousness, the hospital decided to discharge me. I stared at the ceiling while Anne packed my things, I heard my mother enter inside, speaking to someone over the phone, she hanged the call and spoke,

"Are you ready to go home A?"

I sat upright on the bed, nodded at her, and pulled my hair into a ponytail.

"Where is Harry?" I asked them, I was hoping for him to show up for a long time but Harry didn't make it to the hospital since yesterday.

"He has a meeting to attend, he said to me that he will come to meet you in the evening," my mother informed, I nodded and kept quiet.

Nodding has been my means of conversing for the past few days, although I remained completely still and silent to the whole world, my heart cried out loud in pain and disperse. I looked at the window, I was able to see a different person than who I was.

Anne smiled at me while extending her hand, I took hold of it and got up from the bed. Giving the room one last look we walked out of it, my mind gave its reasoning for why I shouldn't leave this place, it kept repeating the reality out there but I wanted to do this for Harry, he deserved it.

Harry has been supportive for the past two weeks, tolerating my untimely panic attacks and smiling to my blank face, consoling my sudden bursts outs, and withstanding my guilty vent offs. He has been the most supportive boyfriend that the whole world could ask for and all I have been doing was playing the victim, although my best friend paid the price.

I looked outside the shutter, Anne patted my hand now and then, reminding me that she will be there, always. The passing town soothed my wandering mind.

The car came to a halt in front of our house. I got down and walked inside, it was dark, the lights were off, I turned to ask my mother if there has been any electricity breakdown but I was left standing alone on the threshold, my mother and Anne out of my sight.

I decided to try the switches, I clicked it on, the lights came on with a booming voice of Harry, screaming in excitement, "Welcome home!"

I contemplated over the situation, I looked at the man I fell head over heels in love, the man I have always wanted, a voice inside of me said this isn't right and I knew it was true.

Harry extended a bouquet of sunflowers with a never-fading smile, I wanted that smile to last forever but I also knew it wouldn't last long with the new me next to him.

"Harry, we need to talk," I asserted, gathering all the confidence I wanted to speak with him and walked outside with Harry on my trail.

I heard his footfall behind of me but I couldn't bring myself to tell him what I wanted to but also I didn't want Harry to suffer with me, I turned to him with a blank face, controlled my emotions, and spoke the dreaded words that broke him and me.