2

Shout out to all the 5.882% of Pakistan readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

882% of Pakistan readers, your support means the world to me, thank you!

Zara

I felt like dancing!

My sheer ecstasy was oozing down from my body, threatening to break down into a full-on celebration mode in front of Leila. I was right! Leila possessed the power too but when am I ever wrong? I'm the brilliant person in the trio.

I would have jumped like a gazelle if only Leila wasn't sporting me that desperate and worried look, expecting to get more information about her daughter. I struggled to suppress my grin, after a complete minute of trying, I decided to fill in her about the wicked witch. If what I'm doubting was right, Leila will be able to track Aini down.

"I'll tell you about your daughter's whereabouts but first, I need some answers from you," I asserted. She was hesitant but hey, I wanted her to spill the beans before I vomit mine!

"What do you want to know?" She asked unwillingly.

"How can you see me?"

"I don't know, I can see gho-"

"What do you mean you don't know? Here I was thinking, you were the ticket to save Aini but here we go, you don't even know about the power you possess," I started complaining, my hope slowly breaking, I continued ranting, "why are you and your daughter this dumb? You guys don't even have a clue why these powers were gifted to you two, I can't believe it!"

"Aini can see ghosts?" Leila inquired quickly, urgh, seriously?! This family is stupidest to the extent of all the stupidity in the world to ever exist!

What am I gonna do with them?

"You and your daughter make a perfect pair, congratulations!" I clapped encouragingly, I knew I was overreacting but what can I do, I'm stuck! I'm literally screwed, my best friend's boyfriend was drowning in self-pity while her mother knows nothing about her daughter, wow!

"Your sarcasm isn't going to help us, Zara, why don't you take a seat and tell me what's wrong?" She spoke firmly as if she has been dealing with this kind of thing every day.

I took a deep breath, Leila sat on the bed and patted the spot next to her, I sat and started, "Aini can see me, that's the answer to your question but ghosts, I don't think so. As far as I know, she can only see me and the wicked witch."

"Okay, now who is the wicked witch, as you like to put it?" She inquired, all business.

"She is a ghost, wicked and a dangerous ghost," I let out.

"That's clear, but Zara, who is she?" She asked slowly, adding a little pressure to the pronunciation as if she was talking to a toddler.

At that moment, sitting next to Leila, being inquired, indeed made me feel like an elementary grade kid, waiting for her admission interview.