(21) tokyo vs kyoto (part 2)

your pov:

"we're starting in one minute. now, let's heat a few words of well-appreciated encouragement from iori utahime-sensei." gojo's voice was heard from the speakers. "huh?! u-uh... uhm some degree of injury will he unavoidable, but, uhm... now and then, help each other out... or something..." the poor sensei had no idea what to say. i couldn't help but laugh a bit as we all stood in the forest.

"times up." gojo said calmly. "hey! gojo, you little..."
"now, let's the sister school exchange event... STARTTTO!" gojo yelled into the mic "respect your seniors!" (I STARTED CACKLING WHILE WRITING THIS PART)

megumi, yuji, nobara, and i ran together quickly following our senpais. "where do you think the cursed spirit boss is?" yuji asked. "it was probably unleashed halfway between both schools, but it's not just going to sit still." panda explained.

"at the time we agreed upon, we'll split up into the megumi squad and the panda squad for scouting. we'll be counting on you after that, yuji." maki explained the plan. "yeah!" yuji said in a salute manner.

as we ran we encountered a low level curse, looked like a spider. "that's a small fry." panda said calmly as maki was already preparing to strike it. "maki-san wait!" i shouted as both megumi and i noticed the slight change in his demon dog.

right after that the curse was exorcised by the gorilla himself... todo. "great! you're all here! even l/n! come at me all together!" todo shouted while smiling at us... mostly at me though. that was yuji's queue to start running towards the big bodied man. he jumped up and grabbed his head and kicked it. then we all scattered.

"todo was alone." megumi stated. "we were right to swap yuji into that role.... you're awfully quiet y/n, everything alright?" maki asked while looking back at me slightly which caused me to stop running. "oi why'd you stop?" she asked me in an irritated tone...

"look up." i said as both megumi and maki looked up seeing the witch on her broom. "take her down." megumi said as his nue appeared and knocked her down. "good eye y/n" maki said as the blue haired girl came through and almost chopped my head off with her katana, thanks to my reflexes and maki i didn't have once scratch.

she wasn't alone though, that one guy that had his eyes closed was with her was on to megumi. so naturally i helped him. "kamo-san..." megumi said."you guys are planning to kill yuji?" i finished as i pushed kamo away from megumi.

flashback

"oi why'd you stop?" maki asked as her and megumi stopped in their tracks. "y/n?" megumi asked now facing me. "the kyoto students are moving together..." i said as i looked down at my knives. "what about it?" maki asked starting to get irritated. "towards the area where yuji was... with todo." i said now looking at the two, hoping they understood what i meant. "do you think?-"  megumi asked raising a brow.

"i don't think they want to kill him, but their principal does. and they'll obviously listen to him." i said in a serious tone. "it's possible." maki finally spoke. "we're turning back then, y/n, megumi." maki said calmly.

end of flashback and now we continue from where we left off.

"and if i said we were?" kamo asked as he repositioned himself in a fighting stance. "you failed then. itadori wouldn't go down in such a short time." megumi said as kamo sprinted towards me but i was able to block his attack with my sai. "i have no reason to kill him." kamo said while trying to push me back. "the higher-ups and the three major clans have plenty." megumi said as he kicked him off of me.

——————————

'he's leading us away from yuji... i'm sure megumi knows tho.' i thought to myself as i ran beside him chasing after kamo. "megumi-" "i know" he said "he'll be fine, it's itadori after all." he reassured me as i nodded.